Options

Beach Sunset/Famous New York Bridge Photography

kristinvictoriakristinvictoria Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited June 7, 2007 in Landscapes
Hello. Let me first introduce myself. My name is Kristin. I am 13 years old and from New York. I just joined SmugMug today and would like to get some feedback on my images if you have the time.

http://kristinvictoria.smugmug.com/gallery/2959518/1/159978869

thank you so much for your time.

Comments

• Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    Welcome to DGrin. You'll love the place.

May I suggest that you will get much better response to a request like yours (which is completely valid and cool) if you link in a couple photos rather than request people visit your pages and comment on a large group. Pick one or two about which you feel strongest and link them into your post.

You can learn how to link the photos by reading this thread(link).
  • Options
    SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Hello,

Welcome.

As Scott said, much easier to ask for a review of one or two photos. Even better, give us a description of what you saw in the photo, what you were trying to capture, and if you have it what specific aspects of the photo you'd like comments on.

For example, it seems you were quite taken with the wave photo, enough to play with a B&W conversion. Was there an interesting light beam that just illuminated the crest? Was it the background sky that drew you to it? etc.

Technically on that one it's usually a good idea on landscapes to make sure your horizon is level - not difficult to fix in most photo editing programs.