Problem-still processing images over 9 hours later?

HCPHCP Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
edited June 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello- Thanks for any light you can shed on this. If I need to delete this gallery and re-upload, please let me know.

Last night I uploaded a folder of 28 images (resolution approx 800x600). I used the IE uploader. I received the dialog box that upload was complete and that the images were processing.

This morning I looked, 3 of the images don't show up, 19 of the 28 others show up, but are listed in the upload log as still processing, and no errors are reported.

Gallery:
http://www.hcphoto.smugmug.com/gallery/2961045

Images that aren't showing up:
6797 Peter Allen.jpg
6862 Tom Kellner.jpg
6878 Steve Palladino.jpg
hcphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    The 3 missing one look strange to me. Please report that to the helpdesk as Andy is currently out of the house and not checking the forum here very often.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • HCPHCP Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    The 3 missing one look strange to me. Please report that to the helpdesk as Andy is currently out of the house and not checking the forum here very often.

Sebastian

Thanks very much for your reply. After I posted this, I did read somewhere that Andy was away and so I did then report it to the helpdesk.

Normally, I keep galleries private until I'm confident that all looks good with the upload. This time I made the mistake of keeping it public and now I'm getting lots of traffic and some questions about those 3 missing images.

Doesn't look very professional right now for either me or SmugMug. If I don't hear back in an hour or so, I'm going to delete the entire gallery and re-upload.

Thanks again, -PK
    hcphoto.smugmug.com
    edited June 6, 2007
    I haven't received an email explanation yet, but all 28 images are now showing up, and the upload log shows "complete" for the status of each of those images. Phew!
    hcphoto.smugmug.com
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    HCP wrote:
    I haven't received an email explanation yet, but all 28 images are now showing up, and the upload log shows "complete" for the status of each of those images. Phew!
    Good to hear that everything worked out in the end. Most of the time if there's trouble like that it just needs a little more time than you're willing to wait. mwink.gif

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited June 6, 2007
    Good to hear that everything worked out in the end. Most of the time if there's trouble like that it just needs a little more time than you're willing to wait. mwink.gif

Sebastian

I think this just confirms that it is best to keep a gallery private until all images are clearly uploaded.

And is it really not unusual that a gallery of 28 images of low resolution would take over 11 hours to process?

Thanks! -PK
    hcphoto.smugmug.com
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 6, 2007
    HCP wrote:
    And is it really not unusual that a gallery of 28 images of low resolution would take over 11 hours to process?

It's highly unusual and I'm sorry it happened. It would normally be a matter of minutes.
    SmugMug Product Manager
    edited June 6, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    It's highly unusual and I'm sorry it happened. It would normally be a matter of minutes.

Thanks much for the confirmation. I don't upload as many images as many other SM'ers, but this did seem like something went awry.

Thanks again, -PK
    hcphoto.smugmug.com
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    HCP wrote:
    Thanks much for the confirmation. I don't upload as many images as many other SM'ers, but this did seem like something went awry.
    You are not alone. A bunch of us noticed problems in uploading images last night, there is another thread here and here.

I still have 10 photos in my upload log from last night that still have a status of "processing" even though they have been visible in my gallery since this morning.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • cjyphotocjyphoto Registered Users Posts: 195 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    I simply tried updating a gallery description and it hasn't taken effect ands its been close to 5 minutes and counting! headscratch.gif
    My Pictures : My Gear
    I Reject Your Reality And Substitute My Own - Adam Savage
    edited June 9, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    You are not alone. A bunch of us noticed problems in uploading images last night, there is another thread here and here.

I still have 10 photos in my upload log from last night that still have a status of "processing" even though they have been visible in my gallery since this morning.

Thanks much for looking back and posting on my thread also. I don't know if you noticed the time stamps on my original post, but my upload occurred the night of 6/5 and I reported the problem mid-morning 6/6. Apparently it took another 24 hours before the problem was more clearly identified.
    hcphoto.smugmug.com