Hello, New Nikon user here.

Chad LaneChad Lane Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited June 11, 2007 in Cameras
Hello all,

My name is Chad Lane, I live in Nor Cal, in Manteca. I enjoy, animals, most of all reptiles, I keep Varanids (Monitor lizards), and a few native species of Herps. I also enjoy photography very much, and have been shooting with a crappy Kodack point and shoot C330. I just graduated high school, so for a gift, my mother asked what I wanted, and I said a new camera. So we went over to a local camera shop a town over. I already knew what I wanted, and that was a Nikon D80, I've shot with a few different models, D50, D70, D200, and some Canon bodys as well. I really like'd how the D80 looked, and felt in my hand, and see it work from fellow friends, so I went with it.

Right now I'm shooting with an 18-135mm lens, I'm looking into a 90mm or 105mm macro lens, and some kinda of telo lens like a phonix 650-2600mm. I was refered to this site, by Adrain V (not sure of his user name).

Thanks,
Chad
Nikon D80 18-135mm

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    Hey, Chad, welcome! wave.gif

Let's see some piccies!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • XHawkeyeXHawkeye Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2007
    clap.gif for mom, all I got were two suitcases when I graduated.
    I Shoot Canons
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Welcome...you will love your Nikon :D
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • SeymoreSeymore Banned Posts: 1,539 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Welcome Chad...

Allow me to give one word of warning. The long lens you're looking at, the pheonix, is not worth your money. Please, don't even consider it. Your image quality will be cr@p. Also, when it comes time to sell it... and long after you see what type of quality it will (not) provide for you... you'll actually be lucky to give it away. Spend good money on good gear and you'll be much happier in the long run.
  • Chad LaneChad Lane Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    Seymore: Yes I know once I started reading about it, I then seen it was not a good lens. Thank you for the heads up!

Cutie: I already love it!

Hawk: Thanks!!!

David: Thank you!

Cheers,
    Chad
    Nikon D80 18-135mm