Question on Wedding picture (5 pictures)

fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
edited June 8, 2007 in Weddings
Hello! I had a wedding on June 2nd and I am not sure about one of the pictures. Just looking for an opinion as to whether it works or not. Also, to give you a little background: it rained until 15 minutes before the OUTDOOR ceremony then was brightly overcast for the duration of the ceremony. About 2 minutes after we finished the formals, it started to rain again. Talk about perfect timing! Anyhow, made it a little difficult in keeping the equipment dry, but the bride and groom were very flexible and it worked out great! I'm going to include a couple other pics just as an example of the rest of the wedding. I'll take your opinions on those as well! Thanks!
#1 The one I'm just not sure about:
159273759-M.jpg

And now for the others!
#2 In this one, she is actually under a tarp. She really wanted pictures on this wood swing so we had 2 ladies holding up a tarp in the rain while she was under it. Very brave bride considering it was before the ceremony!
160331113-M.jpg
#3 The ring bearer and flower girl
159272853-M.jpg
#4 An impromptu kiss at the end of the recessional...
159272098-M.jpg
#5 And finally the bride running up to the house after the formals when it started to rain:
159274143-M.jpg
Thanks for looking!

Comments

• tiptonbloketiptonbloke Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    no images
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Hi

My thing is sports photography, so take my opinion as an opinion and not as someone who knows. My reaction to that first shot is that it is unflattering to them both - they look short and wide (distorted, almost). I think it is the angle of the shot as much as anything. I do like the concept, and wonder if it could have worked from a lower (or higher) angle.

The color photos are all very nice.

ann
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    No images
    I'm with tiptonbloke, no images here either. I was able to access your smugmug site, but when I attempted to use the links to photos, no good.

Would love to know how you got them Ann.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    5:50am central time and no piccies......yet ne_nau.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• bsvirginianbsvirginian Registered Users Posts: 241 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    headscratch.gif Wonder how Ann got to see them?
    bsvirginian
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Help!
    I simply used the "Insert image" button on the posting screen. Anyone tell me why it's not working? It's the same as I've always done. The photos are linked in from my smugmug site and it's an open gallery (they are part of a collection of wedding images). Not sure if it was me or dgrin or smugmug! ANy help would be appreciated!
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Can't see anything. Perhaps you should resize the photos. I have an account with PHOTOBUCKET...where I drop the photos there, and use the URL they provide to insert my pictures...I don't know what else to do. That's my fix.
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    External links?
    Are your external links turned ON?

That seems to be the problem most of the time :D
    edited June 7, 2007
    This is very strange. I was able to get different sizes to work. Sometimes larges, sometimes, smalls, very weird. I might suggest that you drop a not into the SmugMug support forum for resolution/help.

If you want me to kill this post, let me know.

The following is an attempt to quote from the original post...

#1 The one I'm just not sure about
    159273759-L.jpg

And now for the others!

#2 In this one, she is actually under a tarp. She really wanted pictures on this wood swing so we had 2 ladies holding up a tarp in the rain while she was under it. Very brave bride considering it was before the ceremony!

160331113-L.jpg160331113-S.jpg

#3 The ring bearer and flower girl

159272853-S.jpg

#4 An impromptu kiss at the end of the recessional...

159272098-L.jpg

#5 And finally the bride running up to the house after the formals when it started to rain:
    159274143-L.jpg159272098-M.jpg
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Your links failed also Scott! headscratch.gif
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    I am sorry, but I am not able to see any of your images !
  • fcorin13fcorin13 Registered Users Posts: 130 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Ok, so I have no idea what's going on with the pictures! I have all the links and stuff on so who knows! I'm gonna kill this thread and try it all over again later! Sorry for the confusion! :) Hopefully you can all help out later! :)
    edited June 8, 2007
    Something very strange going on here. I opened the thread this morning and the OP's links weren't working but mine were. So I cleared my cache and re-started by browser. Now all the links are working for me.headscratch.gif
  • wesleytwesleyt Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    all links now work for me too
    I just read Scott's post and thats reminded me of something I saw here yesterday. I went to a thread yesterday where the original poster apologized for deleting the source image. But it was there for me. I hit shift-reload, and the image disappeared. In Firefox, shift-reload forces a reload of all images, ignoringt he server-imposed expiration. I'm not sure about this feature in IE.

I think what we're seeing here is our browsers honoring the server-imposed expiration dates and pulling images from local cache -- even if the images are not accessible. I.e., Firefox is essentially caching the image's unavailability.

So if you don't see images on a first visit to a thread, hit shift-reload
    and if external linking has been turned on, they will show up. It may well be that on IE you need to clear your cache to get the same effect.

Regards,
    Wes
  • wesleytwesleyt Registered Users Posts: 112 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    fcorin,

I love the toning on #1. I love #3 and #5 as well. Thanks for not giving up on this thread!

- Wes
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Ahhh...there they are! thumb.gif I like the tones on the first one, and it shows off the back of her dress nicely. Good for both of you for shooting under a tarp! She has a beautiful smile, but I wouldn't have known she was holding onto a swing unless you'd mentioned it. The kids are cute...I wonder if the background could have been blurred a bit more with a wider aperture? Nice catch of the kiss at the end! Thanks for sharing!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    I loved them all...great pics.wings.gif