Options

New York - 15mins of Fame

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited February 16, 2005 in The Big Picture
I'm baaack.. exhausted and hungover..(all their fault). We stayed at the Milford Plaza in Time Square.. great place, can recommend it, except for the view from my window see here. Our friends view however was nice. Went all over.. but trying to take photographs with other people in tow is IMPOSSIBLE.. you get left in strange places.. with very strange people! :pimp Went to Harlem as well and husband would'nt stop the car for me to get out and shoot :rolleyes Rockefella center was cool, so was Grand Central Station and St. Patricks church.. The Playwrite Restaurant and Tavern was the downfall.. great Irish place, :eat too much wine and they gave us pink drinks free... :uhoh corse, I waffed mine down and it was yummy... say no more...:freaky :slosh :sick Our room at the Milford (we were on the cheap.. New York Time Square for $109?? great price) was so small I could'nt shut the door cos the bedspread kept getting jammed in it.. we laughed so hard we thought our knickers would never dry.

It was an amazing day and night and I loved every second. I gained at least 10 lbs and we spent a packet of cash on junk food and beer...Saw lots of photographs of Andys all over the place.. and wished they would stop so I could attempt some.. but they kept on rushing.. I'll have to go alone.
So here is my 15mins of Fame.. such a thrill..I'm so lucky.

15717339-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    lynnie, so happy for you! sounds like you and dh had a great time. the pic is WONDERFUL and i really mean that. perfectly exposed (not easy!) and i really dig the movement. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    lynnie, so happy for you! sounds like you and dh had a great time. the pic is WONDERFUL and i really mean that. perfectly exposed (not easy!) and i really dig the movement. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Thanks Andy, you were sitting on my shoulder.. saying "get the cab in, get the yellow cab in".. I took loads, most were over exposed, terrible composition or something really bad.. I was quite happy with this one.. great lens, thanks.(sigma 24-70):D
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    Thanks Andy, you were sitting on my shoulder.. saying "get the cab in, get the yellow cab in".. I took loads, most were over exposed, terrible composition or something really bad.. I was quite happy with this one.. great lens, thanks.(sigma 24-70):D

so lynnie, what you are telling us is that you hit up the bar scene quite a bit in nyc, eh?

15720704-L.gif
  • Options
    edited February 11, 2005
    andy wrote:
    so lynnie, what you are telling us is that you hit up the bar scene quite a bit in nyc, eh?

15720704-L.gif
    three of em' Charley O's (not so good) Marriott posh lounge (very expensive)

Playwrites (huge fun) and of course we were walking so it seemed a good idea at the time... It was the pink stuff that did it..rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    I love your photo over Times Square, Lynn. So exciting, I wondered if that was part of the reason you were going. I should have looked at Kodak.

I also love your bar scene clap.gif . You and Andy are quite creative.

Congratulations again, You deserve it!

ginger (that was an awesome photo) (Even at your age:uhoh )
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Wow I am so envious!clap.gif A well deserved honor Lynn. It is great to hear and see such nice successful stories like this.
    thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
    This proves that good things do indeed come to good people.

Cheers
    Tim
  • Options
    luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    So when your picture is posted at KPOTD do you get a Kodak camera or something? I think Andy ought to buy something for you! Congrats!
  • Options
    John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Congrats again Lynn.Thanks for sharing your story.Best wishes on several more 15 minutes of fame.clap.gif
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Congratulations once again!
    I can only imagine your feeilngs (never been potd-ed and never been to nyc:-), but it definitely sounds like a lot of fun:-) Very glad for you!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Hi Lynn, cool picture of a very cool moment! I used to stay at the Milford before KLM moved us to the Roosevelt last year. We made fun of the small rooms too and you could just hear EVERYTHING people said on the hallway..
    Anyway; very nice you got to see your picture upthere yourself! Sounds like you had a good time! thumb.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Nice ride report, Lynn! lol3.gif What a great experience, sounds like you guys had a good time.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    Lynn,

Great photo, your photo deserves to be up there.
    Glad you had a good NYC experience.

Sam
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Great shot of your great pic. Now I can say I lost a contest to a kpotd!

On a side note, how do you get chosen kpotd? Where do you submit your photos?

mitch
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited February 16, 2005
    THat's so cool!

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?