2 Much Coffee! Wheeeeee!

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited June 13, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Fun with caffeine and multiple exposure!

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    I resemble this photo! :D
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    With all the coffee I had this sharp as a tack. :D
    Neat shot.
  • RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    After working at Starbucks all day and all the free coffee I want, this image looks about right! Nice work! clap.gifclap.gif
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    Fun with caffeine and multiple exposure!

Ahhhhahahaha rolleyes1.gif that's funny :D
    I used to drink coffee, but turned to hot TEA many years ago.
    Haven't looked back since.

I must say I do love the smell of freshly brewed coffee nod.gif

Great Fun Shot thumb.gif ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    I resemble this photo! :D

I figured there might be a few people out there who could relate!rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 8, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    With all the coffee I had this sharp as a tack. :D
    Neat shot.

What do you mean? It isn't sharp?ne_nau.gif

Thanks David
    edited June 8, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    After working at Starbucks all day and all the free coffee I want, this image looks about right! Nice work! clap.gifclap.gif

Oh my god, I already buy a 5 shot Americano every morning, if I worked there, I'd be spinning like a caffiene coated squirrel!

Thanks Rhuarc
    edited June 8, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Ahhhhahahaha rolleyes1.gif that's funny :D
    I used to drink coffee, but turned to hot TEA many years ago.
    Haven't looked back since.

I must say I do love the smell of freshly brewed coffee nod.gif

Great Fun Shot thumb.gif ... Skippy

I'd drink tea, but if I drank as much tea as coffee I'd really be in trouble!
    Thanks Skippy.
  • LynieLynie Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    How'd you know?
    That is how I feel after all my coffee and ice caps in the morning! Great shot!
    Lynie
    ~Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop.~
    -Anonymous-
    :thumb

edited June 11, 2007
    Lynie wrote:
    That is how I feel after all my coffee and ice caps in the morning! Great shot!

Wow, a true connoisseur, it usually takes me until at least 2:00pm to start feeling like this unless of course I don't eat breakfast... Thanks Lynie
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    Oh my god, I already buy a 5 shot Americano every morning, if I worked there, I'd be spinning like a caffiene coated squirrel!

Thanks Rhuarc

Only 5 shots? My husband and I buy our favorite drink from Dutch Bros. Coffee and it comes with 6 shots. Love the taste, the caffeine buzz and the name -- ER 911.

wings.gifrolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif :ivar

Fun shot.
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
    edited June 11, 2007
    Debboggy wrote:
    Only 5 shots? My husband and I buy our favorite drink from Dutch Bros. Coffee and it comes with 6 shots. Love the taste, the caffeine buzz and the name -- ER 911.

wings.gifrolleyes1.gifiloveyou.gif :ivar

Fun shot.

Oh my, we might have to have an online intervention! Caffeine Anonymous here we come!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Thanks Debbie.

• Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    Coffee's OK but the photo is great. Would you like to share some info? did you do this with film in camera or with digital and how did you combine the images if it's digital?

Thanks
    Bob
    See with your Heart
    edited June 12, 2007
    Coffee's OK but the photo is great. Would you like to share some info? did you do this with film in camera or with digital and how did you combine the images if it's digital?

Thanks
    Bob

Sure, My Nikon D200 has a multiple exposure setting and I just set it at 4 pictures and took 4 shots and the camera did the rest of the work.

If you wanted to do this with film, you would divide the shutter speed by the # of exposures you were going to take and then shoot each shot at 1/4 of the shutter speed and then the resulting 4 exposures on the same piece of film would result in one properly exposed picture. ( you could also shoot at the meter recommended speed and change the aperture to 1/4 of the recommended setting)

Different pictures can be manually combined in photoshop using the different layer modes like multiply, overlay, and screen. I would recommend buying a photoshop tutorial book to get the basics down. The picture included with this post is a photoshop compositing of many different photographs I took of a bicycle frame I am restoring.

If you can get a copy of photoshop, my recommendation is to experiement alot! The different versions you can create are endless! I hope this helps.

• Bayer-Z28Bayer-Z28 Registered Users Posts: 392 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    I'm a coffee nut myself.... Good work with what could be construed as a 'bad' shot.. -No offense.. Good title.. rolleyes1.gif
    Auto enthusiast. I drive a 2000 Camaro Z28. LOADED w/ mods.

Camera: Nikon D80, 18-55 f3.5 stocker & 18-200 Nikon VR.... with a small collection of filters..

My Smugmug.. STILL Under construction.
    http://bayer-Z28.smugmug.com
    edited June 12, 2007
    Bayer-Z28 wrote:
    I'm a coffee nut myself.... Good work with what could be construed as a 'bad' shot.. -No offense.. Good title.. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Bayer.

• Bob&GlennieBob&Glennie Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    Sure, My Nikon D200 has a multiple exposure setting and I just set it at 4 pictures and took 4 shots and the camera did the rest of the work.

If you wanted to do this with film, you would divide the shutter speed by the # of exposures you were going to take and then shoot each shot at 1/4 of the shutter speed and then the resulting 4 exposures on the same piece of film would result in one properly exposed picture. ( you could also shoot at the meter recommended speed and change the aperture to 1/4 of the recommended setting)

Different pictures can be manually combined in photoshop using the different layer modes like multiply, overlay, and screen. I would recommend buying a photoshop tutorial book to get the basics down. The picture included with this post is a photoshop compositing of many different photographs I took of a bicycle frame I am restoring.

If you can get a copy of photoshop, my recommendation is to experiement alot! The different versions you can create are endless! I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. I know how to do this with film in camera but was not aware that any digital camera would take mutiple exposures on the same frame. D200 eh? Cool! I'm also quite familiar with the various layering and blending options on computer but I just wasn't sure how you might have done this one.

Cool picture.

Bob
    See with your Heart
    edited June 13, 2007
    Thanks for the info. I know how to do this with film in camera but was not aware that any digital camera would take mutiple exposures on the same frame. D200 eh? Cool! I'm also quite familiar with the various layering and blending options on computer but I just wasn't sure how you might have done this one.

Cool picture.

Bob

Whew, I'm glad you're familiar with the whole Photoshop thing, I almost didn't mention it because as you must well know it's complicated to explain without doing a bunch of screen captures.
    I highly recommend the D200 it's a great camera and the matrix metering is friggin' telepathic! I'm sure there are others out there that will do multiple exposure, but the D200 is the only one for me.