Renaming, for that matter, naming subcategories

MacLoyalMacLoyal Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
edited June 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I've read all the information that came up with a search of this topic and so far my question is not answered.

Is there a way to rename a subcategory once you open a gallery with that information? I'm doing my best to think my organization and categorization through before I post, but I'm so new at this that I've already changed my mind on a couple.

The gallery tools only bring up the list of subcategories I've already created. The best thing I've been able to do so far is put the choice back to None. Is the only place you can generate a subcategory on the create gallery page? Is there any way to delete titles if you make a mistake and don't want to use them after all?:scratch
macloyal.smugmug.com

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    Hi, you rename your custom categories and subcategories from your control panel. Go there, have a look, and if you have any questions, let us know, okay?
  • MacLoyalMacLoyal Registered Users Posts: 71 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    That solved it!
    Thanks, Andy. I hadn't thought of looking in the CP. I was just frustrated that the places I was finding the pull down menu for subcategories didn't have a rename ability. Some of them don't even have a create name ability, just select from what's already there. Now I know where I can generate some useful names in advance so I have better selections already listed. clap.gif
    macloyal.smugmug.com