LPS#6 - Three Possibilities

FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
edited June 9, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are three variations on a theme. Do any of them work for the challenge? C&C welcome. Thanks!! Virginia

160590435-L.jpg

160590834-L.jpg

160591363-L.jpg

Email

Comments

• Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited June 7, 2007
    hi flyinggina! by chance are your photos in the order they were taken? if so, i think by the third one you were starting to get warmed up! the more up close and personal you get the stronger your subject becomes. i like all the fencing in the b/g.

Tessa
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Hi Virginia,

The photos are nice, but the fence (which I suppose is the focal point?!) needs to be better illustrated - I see from the second and third pic. that there is more of the fence further afield, maybe you could reshoot from there to make it a stronger image?! ne_nau.gif

Sunita
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Virginia,
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Here are three variations on a theme. Do any of them work for the challenge? C&C welcome. Thanks!! Virginia
    If nothing else, #1 would be the most challenge-oriented of all three (I mean, if you talk angular, although they all mostly say "lines" to me...)
    However, the light is so-so and the whole image has certain snapshoty feeling about it. Some radical post-processing may help (inversde b/w? hard lught? faux-IR? need to try...ne_nau.gif ), please see WA#32 for ideas.
    Or you can still try somethning else. I am going to, for instance:-)
    Good luck! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Thanks Tessa, Sunita and Nik. Your comments are helpful. Unfortunately, a reshoot is not possible before Sunday night. Still, you have all given me some good ideas for the next time I have a chance to photograph the horses and their fence. iloveyou.gif

Tessa, the pictures are posted, I think, in reverse order of taking. I was moving back and finishing up when I took #1. I have quite a few others so I'll check them out with everyone's comments in mind to see if any of them provides improvement.

Sunita, I have shots that show more of the fencing but they didn't seem to work as well for me as these three for putting the emphasis on the fence and its corner. I'll look at them all again when/if I get a chance, just in case there is a great one lurking. rolleyes1.gif

Nik, you are right about the photo saying "lines." There is only the one potentially interesting angle - the corner, I like that it is not 90 degrees. If I have time (totally busy weekend coming up with little time to shoot or play with pp), I may try some dramatic pp. The photo was taken in morning light, but not at dawn, alas.

Virginia

Email
  • JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Hi Gina, I think #1. If you find some time, consider b&w .

Jill
    Jill
    edited June 8, 2007
    Thanks Jill. Very good suggestion!! I will make time - sometime.... rolleyes1.gif.... and see what I think.

Virginia

Email
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Flyinggina, I also like #1 and, since you can't reshoot with better light, some pp, either color or b&w, may help. Hope you get the time to work on it.
    edited June 9, 2007
    Thanks, Dave. I appreciate your comments and encouragement. I plan to put some time into it tomorrow evening if I am still able to move after a jam packed 45th college reunion weekend!

Virginia

Email