Need Opinion

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited June 10, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I don't usually do this, but now I'm confused, but because of (within my home) various opinions on the this photo (color vs bw)

I like both and have already submitted the color to contest..

My question, should I change to bw? Any opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks Donna

258241959.jpg

257232211.jpg
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

Color vs BW 9 votes

Black/White
22% 2 votes
Color
77% 7 votes

Comments

• JillGJillG Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Hi,

I like the color version, those colors are beautiful. I think the blacks are not black enough in the b&w version.
    Just my 2Cents.

Jill
    Jill
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    There's not enough light and contrast in the B&W version to hold interest. ne_nau.gif

The color version really has some neat variations of brown, gold and cyan in it, which are nice to study and look at. thumb.gif

What you might want to consider doing is cropping some of the not-so-well-in-focus area from the top so that the photo takes on more of a panoramic appearance. I just tried it by scrolling it around on the screen and it looked kinda neat.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    I'd say color version, but it need some PP. I think the foreground could benefit a lot from some sharpening. Or maybe just crop it, I think that could work well too.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    i agree with linda
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    There's not enough light and contrast in the B&W version to hold interest. ne_nau.gif

The color version really has some neat variations of brown, gold and cyan in it, which are nice to study and look at. thumb.gif

What you might want to consider doing is cropping some of the not-so-well-in-focus area from the top so that the photo takes on more of a panoramic appearance. I just tried it by scrolling it around on the screen and it looked kinda neat.

Totally see what you mean, going to re-crop that now......Thank You Linda.

Thanks to EVERYONE..Much Appreciated!!
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Color
    Color

Color

Color

definitely color! mwink.gif
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Although the b/w is still interesting and could be even better with a little pp, I still prefer the color. The colors help draw the eye into the photo.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    The color evokes more yah yah in me. I really like it.

Jesse
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    Thanks to EVERYONE for your Wonderful and Constructive Critique...I am appreciative!!
  • sunionesunione Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited June 10, 2007
    COLOR....definitely
    Suni R
    http://artbysuni.smugmug.com/

"IT'S ALL ABOUT THE LIGHT"