D1x kit plus

DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
edited March 20, 2005 in Flea Market
When the D2x's are available I will be selling my D1x Kit, includes firmware and buffer upgrades, 4 batteries (2 nikon, 2 polaroid) additional hoodman protector and all cables and charger. Excellent condition, no marks or scratches; well cared for and always transported in hard cases. Factory cleaned during upgrade. Will also include SB-28dx. All software and instruction manuals. Let me know if you are interested.

Also all original boxes, paperwork etc....

Deacon

Comments

• dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2005
    What is your price for these?

Dave
  • whamilton101whamilton101 Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited February 20, 2005
    Interested. What's the price?

www.screensurge.com
  • DeaconDeacon Registered Users Posts: 239 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2005
    Price
    Been watching Ebay and it seems like the prices are running from the $1900's and up for the camera. I have the full kit with original boxes, manuals etc and am including the SB-26. I would like to get at least $2k for the package and I will even throw in a 1 gig card.

Let the frenzy begin:uhoh

Deacon

ps, thanks fish
    Interested. What's the price?
  • JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2005
    Are batteries that much of an issue with yours?

seems that is the biggest complaint of the D1X that I have read.

I'm still debating on what I want to get.
    edited February 22, 2005
    D1x batteries
    The OEM batteries were pretty poor especially if you used only a portion of the charge and recharged them. They develop a memory. You can draw them all the way down and then recharge and that helps.

That is why I picked up two polaroid batteries. Almost as good as the lithium on the D2h, I could get up to 1000 frames easily on one battery and sometimes up to 13-1400. Unless you are out and shooting tons of pics with no available power source I don't feel the batteries are an issue.

Deacon
    edited February 22, 2005
    Can you show a picture of it?

A few guys I know who shoot with D1X swear by them. Can you take a low-light photo with it?
    edited February 22, 2005
    If you don't take a credit card, then this one is off my list..
    edited February 22, 2005
    d1x shots
    John,

This was a concert I shot for Raindog in Yachats last fall. Lighting was really poor, really poor...all shots were hand held.

11347943-L.jpg

Here is the link to the set on Smugmug: Yachats Celtic Festival

Deacon

ps, check your PM
    edited February 23, 2005
    Deacon, unfortunately I'm going to have to bow out of this one. Upon advice of close friends who are photographers, it's better for me to get one with a warranty. sorry.
  • luckyrweluckyrwe Registered Users Posts: 952 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2005
    Anytime I buy stuff with no warranty (when I used Nikon) I sent it to Nikon for a once over. It comes back with a 6 month warranty. thumb.gif
  • Michiel de BriederMichiel de Brieder Registered Users Posts: 864 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    It's not that I would want a *Nikon* but I think this puppy is still looking for an owner :D
    *In my mind it IS real*
    Michiel de Brieder
    http://www.digital-eye.nl
    edited March 8, 2005
    List is getting shorter!
    I am up to 12th on the list for the D2x...someone's gotta get serious here. Thanks for the bump Michele.

Deacon
    edited March 8, 2005
    Deacon wrote:
    I am up to 12th on the list for the D2x...someone's gotta get serious here. Thanks for the bump Michiel.

Deacon

It's in great shape....
  • gazidgazid Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited March 9, 2005
    D1x
    Hi Greg, you sent me an email after seeing my details on DPreview.
    Yes I would be interested in D1x. But Im thinking your probarbly in USA,
    is tis correct?

its easyer for me if you send reply to either: gary@manhinephoto.co.uk
    or gazid@yahoo.com

thanks

Deacon wrote:
    When the D2x's are available I will be selling my D1x Kit, includes firmware and buffer upgrades, 4 batteries (2 nikon, 2 polaroid) additional hoodman protector and all cables and charger. Excellent condition, no marks or scratches; well cared for and always transported in hard cases. Factory cleaned during upgrade. Will also include SB-28dx. All software and instruction manuals. Let me know if you are interested.

Also all original boxes, paperwork etc....

Deacon
    edited March 15, 2005
    Bump
    Just to let you Nikon fans know, this package is still available. D2x should be in this week....

Deacon
    edited March 20, 2005
    Off the market
    Well Deaconess just informed me that she wants the D1x for her own use. She is a painter and often paints my photos and wants to be able to shoot some of her own shots!

17865323-L.jpg

Whoopeeee, glad she is excited about it but I may be allowing a monster to be created.

Deacon