Video Files

IsaacIsaac Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited December 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I know this is a photo site but I thought I read somewhere that one can also load video clips. Is this correct? How (if so)?

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    Isaac wrote:
    I know this is a photo site but I thought I read somewhere that one can also load video clips. Is this correct? How (if so)?
    Welcome to dgrin....wave.gif

If you are a "Power" or "Pro" user you can upload videos. They must be MPEG-1 format and less than 8 megabytes in size for power users, and less than 16 megabytes in size for pro users.

More information here:
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/video
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/video-clips-online

Need any help...yell
  • Bill CurnowBill Curnow Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    richW wrote:
    If you are a "Power" or "Pro" user you can upload videos. They must be MPEG-1 format and less than 8 megabytes in size for power users, and less than 16 megabytes in size for pro users.
    Is there a way to use SmugMug's video API to display MPEG-1 videos that are hosted elsewhere? I have several videos that would be appropriate to include in one of my galleries, but they are a little too large for even the Pro user. I also own my own domain and have a fat hosting plan with oodles of spare bandwidth.
  • Bill CurnowBill Curnow Registered Users Posts: 5 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Is there a way to use SmugMug's video API to display MPEG-1 videos that are hosted elsewhere? I have several videos that would be appropriate to include in one of my galleries, but they are a little too large for even the Pro user. I also own my own domain and have a fat hosting plan with oodles of spare bandwidth.
    Let me answer my own question: No, there is no way to use SmugMug's API with video posted elsewhere. Of course, based on what I've read, there are a number of other ways to accomplish the same thing.
  • IsaacIsaac Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2007
    Let me answer my own question: No, there is no way to use SmugMug's API with video posted elsewhere. Of course, based on what I've read, there are a number of other ways to accomplish the same thing.

Thank you...what's up with that "fat"ness!? with the hellah spare bandwith?
  • chshrktchshrkt Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 8, 2007
    Right,
    So I returned from the Smugmug party excited about the change to the video uploading capabilites being expanded beyond the simple mpeg-1 for Power Users.

However, I attempted to upload several small *.mov files from my little pocket digital camera with no luck. I have been able to upload *.avi and *.wmv files with no issues, but no luck on the *.mov.

Is this a function that has just not been fully implemented yet?
  • IsaacIsaac Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited December 12, 2007
    chshrkt wrote:
    Right,
    So I returned from the Smugmug party excited about the change to the video uploading capabilites being expanded beyond the simple mpeg-1 for Power Users.

However, I attempted to upload several small *.mov files from my little pocket digital camera with no luck. I have been able to upload *.avi and *.wmv files with no issues, but no luck on the *.mov.

Is this a function that has just not been fully implemented yet?

check out fx mpeg writer it will convert your files for you.