Options

Bulk set SmugIslands settings on many galleries?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited June 8, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to turn the two new SmugIslands gallery settings on for a whole bunch of galleries?

With 161 galleries that I want these set on (no Google or Smugmug indexing wanted on these galleries), I dread having to do them one at a time.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    John,
    Will bulk gallery settings work for you?

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/bulksettings.mg?
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2007
    richW wrote:
    John,
    Will bulk gallery settings work for you?

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/bulksettings.mg?

No, I don't think that will work. The 161 galleries don't all have identical settings for all the other things. I just want to apply smugisland settings and leave all the other settings the way they are.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    No, I don't think that will work. The 161 galleries don't all have identical settings for all the other things. I just want to apply smugisland settings and leave all the other settings the way they are.
    Thats where I thought you were going with it John. It would be nice if we were able to select one item only on the list and update all galleries. The search for the answer still moves on.........
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2007
    John,

SmugIslands access for the API went live last night, so I will have a new version of SmugBrowser available shortly...which will allow you to do what you want.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    edited June 8, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    John,

SmugIslands access for the API went live last night, so I will have a new version of SmugBrowser available shortly...which will allow you to do what you want.

Cheers,

David

I'll be waiting for the next SmugBrowser version to do this.

A cool site innovation for bulk settings would be to let me create a bulk settings template that only effects certain settings. It could be implemented in the UI a number of different ways, but one way would be to have the "save" process prompt you for which settings you want to be part of the bulk settings (e.g. a long list of checkboxes). This could be somewhat like the Synchronize process in Adobe Bridge where you choose which settings from one image are to be applied to lots of other images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 8, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    I'll be waiting for the next SmugBrowser version to do this.

A cool site innovation for bulk settings would be to let me create a bulk settings template that only effects certain settings. It could be implemented in the UI a number of different ways, but one way would be to have the "save" process prompt you for which settings you want to be part of the bulk settings (e.g. a long list of checkboxes). This could be somewhat like the Synchronize process in Adobe Bridge where you choose which settings from one image are to be applied to lots of other images.

John... get it here
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos