FS: Canon Digital Rebel XT, lenses and misc.

rbrugmanrbrugman Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
edited June 16, 2007 in House of Canon
Having finally received my new D80 and everything to go with it, I'm selling off my Canon Digital Rebel XT and everything I own for it. I would like to sell everything to a single buyer but if it doesn't sell I will part it out. Here's what I have:

Canon Digital Rebel XT - The camera is in great condition except for one scratch near the lens release from the previous owner. I've only taken about 400 pictures with the camera and everything is functioning as it should.

Sigma 28-90mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro Lens - I do not know a lot about this lens. It came with the camera when I bought it. I purchased a lens hood for it which is included. Macro mode works really well.

Canon 50mm f/1.8 II - Includes hood and original B&H invoice dated 1/11/2007. I haven't even sent in the warranty card. This was one of the "must have" lenses for this camera.

Canon 52mm HAZE UV-1 Filter - Also purchased from B&H and only used once.

Canon RC-1 Wireless Shutter Release - Purchased from B&H. I installed the batteries but never was in a situation where I needed a remote shutter. Comes in original box.

Canon OEM Battery and Charger

Sandisk USB 2.0 Cradle

128MB and 2GB Compact Flash Cards

"Desktop Tripiod" and Lens Cleaning Kit - Not really worth a whole lot but extra supplies never hurts.

Pictures available at http://rbrugman.smugmug.com/gallery/2873984

More are available upon request. Reduced to $575 shipped. Either Paypal, Money order or Cashiers check. PM or email me (rbrugman [at] gmail.com) with any questions.

Thanks for viewing!
Robert

Comments

• rbrugmanrbrugman Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Price reduced to $600 plus shipping.
    edited June 11, 2007
    6/11/2007 - Price reduced to $575 shipped.
    edited June 13, 2007
    Alright, I am going to split the system for anyone who wants just one piece. By piece I actually mean a series of pieces. It would take just too long and cost too much money for me to ship everything separately.

Canon Digital Rebel XT - The camera is in great condition except for one scratch near the lens release from the previous owner. I've only taken about 400 pictures with the camera and everything is functioning as it should.

Canon RC-1 Wireless Shutter Release - Purchased from B&H. I installed the batteries but never was in a situation where I needed a remote shutter. Comes in original box.

Canon OEM Battery and Charger
    Sandisk USB 2.0 Cradle
    128MB and 2GB Compact Flash Cards
    "Desktop Tripiod" and Lens Cleaning Kit

Price - $425 shipped

Sigma 28-90mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro Lens - I do not know a lot about this lens. It came with the camera when I bought it. I purchased a lens hood for it which is included. Macro mode works really well.

Price -- SOLD

Canon 50mm f/1.8 II - Includes hood and original B&H invoice dated 1/11/2007. I haven't even sent in the warranty card. This was one of the "must have" lenses for this camera.

Canon 52mm HAZE UV-1 Filter - Also purchased from B&H and only used once.

Price -- SOLD

If all else fails, make me an offer. I need to sell it soon but I can't just give it away either. If it doesn't sell within a week I'm going to be forced to put it on ebay. If you would like Camera and the 50mm Lens, I will sell the remainder of what I have for $475 shipped.

Robert
  • lbphotographylbphotography Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Is the camera/lens still available?

Vicky
    edited June 14, 2007
    Yes. Everything except for the Sigma lens is still available and ripe for the picking. $475 shipped for the camera, 50mm Canon lens with hood and filter and all the memory cards and extra goodies you need.
  • swcolleenswcolleen Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    rbrugman wrote:
    Yes. Everything except for the Sigma lens is still available and ripe for the picking. $475 shipped for the camera, 50mm Canon lens with hood and filter and all the memory cards and extra goodies you need.

forgive my lack of knowledge here but....will lens that work with the regular basic old digital rebel from canon also work with this body?

thanks
    edited June 16, 2007
    Yes. Lenes from the Digital Rebel (300D) will work fine with the Rebel XT (350D). If you currently have lenses, they will work with the new body. You can also use lenses from a lot of Canon film cameras, which makes Canon's lens line a very good line ot buy in to.

Robert
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Hi Robert,

I'd be interested to know more about the desktop tripod. How much are you asking for it and what brand/model/size/etc. is it?
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
    edited June 16, 2007
    The tripod isn't really worth anything on its own. It's about 5 inches long. It is one of those little freebies that the ebay auctions throw in just to pack more stuff in the box. I would never trust putting an expensive camera on it. Maybe a disposable or something I wouldn't mind seeing smashed to pieces but nothing of value.
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Well when you put it that way, how could I not buy it?rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

It just caught my eye because I need something to use for shooting macro shots that are close to the ground. Guess it wouldn't do too well with a Rebel XTi, 100mm macro lens and set of Kenko tubes than, eh? hehe

Oh well, thanks for the quick reply and good luck with the rest of your sell.

:D
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • lbphotographylbphotography Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Hi Robert, I would like to buy the lens. We have a Canon D60 and I just bought an XTi. We have issues with the sensor on the 60 and I've been trying to get my husband to upgrade to your XT, but he just isn't ready yet. I would love the lens for my XTi if it's still available.

Thanks,
    Vicky
    edited June 16, 2007
    The 50mm lens and haze filter have been sold. All that remains is the Camera body and all the goodies that comes with it.