Options

Florida is Great

JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited June 9, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Not only can you see an abundance of friendly wildlife, you can step out your back door and see sights like this:
160947745-L.jpg

This is the Space Shuttle Atlantis lifting off at about 7:40 p.m. on 6/08/07. This photo was taken in Orlando which is 40+ miles from the Space Coast. It was very cloudy most of the day but cleared up in time for the launch.

Comments

• Options
    ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Ohh, i didn't know they did launch yesterday. I probably would have seen it from here. Cool!!!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Options
    JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    Marina, I almost missed it too. I walked in and turned on the TV and the countdown was down to 90 seconds so I grabbed the camera and stepped out the back door.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2007
    JESTER wrote:
    Not only can you see an abundance of friendly wildlife, you can step out your back door and see sights like this:

This is the Space Shuttle Atlantis lifting off at about 7:40 p.m. on 6/08/07. This photo was taken in Orlando which is 40+ miles from the Space Coast. It was very cloudy most of the day but cleared up in time for the launch.

You almost missed it, quick thinking on your part Jester :D
    Well least you have a photo of this launch to add to your collection.
    It's something many of us will never see in our life time.
    .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin