Options

Fish Fauna

fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
edited March 1, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Lunchtime at the fishtank...

2578002-M.jpg

2577994-M.jpg

2577996-M.jpg

This hummer startled me. I was aimed at the finch above, when she started buzzing me, then landed on the feeder and started squawking at me. I spun around and hit three shots on continuous drive and this one stuck.
2577999-M.jpg

"Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
"The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited February 26, 2004
    very nice. How close was that hummer? Shit, even with my 300mm, birds are SMALL! That thing must have been sticking to the end of your lens! You have a steady hand and quick reaction!

Also - correct me if I'm wrong, but you do NOT shoot RAW, right? Just want to make sure cause you have photo details in smugmug. If you found a way to get those when converting from RAW, I'd love to know.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited February 26, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    very nice. How close was that hummer? Shit, even with my 300mm, birds are SMALL! That thing must have been sticking to the end of your lens! You have a steady hand and quick reaction!
    I was standing pretty much right next to the feeder, and I just happened to swing around while still looking through the viewfinder. Fortunately, the camera was in AI Servo, otherwise it probably wouldn't have fired, since the bird was closer than the min focus distance of the lens.
    Also - correct me if I'm wrong, but you do NOT shoot RAW, right? Just want to make sure cause you have photo details in smugmug. If you found a way to get those when converting from RAW, I'd love to know.
    You are correct, I'm not shooting in RAW. I usually shoot in lg jpeg/fine. RAW is a hassle.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 29, 2004
    Scrub Jays
    The scrub jays were being particularly cooperative this afternoon.

2620805-L.jpg

2620807-L.jpg

2620808-L.jpg
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 1, 2004
    I'm not much for birds, fish, but those three are the cat's meow.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 1, 2004
    fish wrote:
    The scrub jays were being particularly cooperative this afternoon.

2620805-L.jpg

I love this guy! They way he's turned, looks like half a bird. Amazing detail on the claws and feathers.

I want an L-series lens too.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]