digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited February 17, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
ISO 200 f.8 @ 1000, taken 2/12/05

15743827-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    I like that image. interesting and abstract.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Very nice Tanna. A very unusual image. I think it fits the challenge well. It's well done. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited February 12, 2005
    Is it ice? Clouds? Crop circles? Mickey Mouse? rolleyes1.gif

Very nice shot!!!
  • Options
    melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Beautiful shot! I like the "which way is up?" feeling it gives me. Great job. clap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Is it ice? Clouds? Crop circles? Mickey Mouse? rolleyes1.gif

Very nice shot!!!
    yeah, I tend to go for shots that make me look twice, and ask "wait, how'd they do that?" This shot is exactly how I took it, holding my camera at a diagonal of a frozen lake thawing out a bit (although how I'm not sure, it was about 18 degrees out with gusts of 40+mph. Definitely not a good day for tripod work! lol
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    I don't know how you will decide which of your photos to enter. This one and the wine glass are wonderful..
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    I don't know how you will decide which of your photos to enter. This one and the wine glass are wonderful..
    awww, wow, thank you, that's awesome of you to say! :) I think I'm leaning more towards the wine because I'm a drama queen rolleyes1.gif but I think I'll sit on it. I'd really like more feed back on both. So thank you very much for commenting!!
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    awww, wow, thank you, that's awesome of you to say! :) I think I'm leaning more towards the wine because I'm a drama queen rolleyes1.gif but I think I'll sit on it. I'd really like more feed back on both. So thank you very much for commenting!!
    I really like this one. Probably because I really like abstracts. I was going to do an abstract until the pelicans came out so nicely.

I don't know which would be best for the challenge, I vote for the blue one myself. I hate it when I have to choose.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    I think I'm leaning toward this blue one.. I like the wine glass but I feel this is more dramatic..1drink.gif
  • Options
    JennyJenny Registered Users Posts: 96 Big grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    I like this blue one also. It just draws me in. thumb.gif I vote for the ice!
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005

15743827-Th.jpg
    Tanna, I much prefer this one, shapes and colours are excellent and the angle really makes it stand out thumb.gifthumb
  • Options
    Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    I like your composition. This bottom left - top right diagonals add tension and so to say 'drama' to the photo. They associate with overcoming, surmounting obstacles...
    You must know all these - for those who read from top left to bottom right...
    But your glass wine is perfect too...
  • Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Beautiful image Tanna!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2005
    :D Thank you all for the feedback and comments. It really means a lot and helped me to decide which was very difficult. But I guess it's better to have a choice than struggle and get no shot at all! ylsuper.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    Smile,

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif :cheer 15524779-Ti.gif

I do love that blue melting ice. My favorite kind of photography.........er, one of them.

Ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005

15743827-S.jpg

I've been looking at both of your pics and I definitely prefer this one. This one is brighter and engages me more. The all over blue is difinitely on point for the challenge. The image really grabs the viewer and makes you think about it and wonder about it. The diagonal tilt is a very creative composition and draws your eye all around. This is terrific capture, not an every day image! Great job.
    thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at. It almost looks like a satellite photo. Nice one. thumb.gif My only suggestion is maybe increase the contrast a touch.
  • Options
    BertBert Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    I sure like this one, wish I had taken it. No, I take that back, I'm thrilled that you took it. Waaaay too cold for me. :uhoh

The composition is terrific and the color is lovely. thumb.gif
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    Nice Icethumb.gif
  • Options
    KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited February 16, 2005
    I love how it looks like an aerial shot, like a plane banking its way over a large thawing tundra. Awesome composition.thumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Options
    edited February 16, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    I love how it looks like an aerial shot, like a plane banking its way over a large thawing tundra. Awesome composition.thumb.gifthumb.gif
    yeah, that's what I like about it, too. the title came from me originally titling it "icy atmosphere" and then I thought, that's such a boring title for a pic like this so I settled on "icysphere" and the wholeplay on words with spheres in the melting ice as well. Yeah, it's pretty crazy lookin' rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited February 17, 2005
    yeah, that's what I like about it, too. the title came from me originally titling it "icy atmosphere" and then I thought, that's such a boring title for a pic like this so I settled on "icysphere" and the wholeplay on words with spheres in the melting ice as well. Yeah, it's pretty crazy lookin' rolleyes1.gif

Can you stand another thumbs up post? thumb.gif