New Realistic Lens Thread...

Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
edited June 11, 2007 in Cameras
Well its come around that time again where canon and nikon should have some certain lenses in their lineup, but for whatever reason, they dont. So, in the spirit of good discussion, what are some of your most desired lenses from your perspective manufacturer?

Me- Nikon 35mm f/1.4 af

20mm f/2.0 af-d (possible or not :P)

and or 50 f/1.2 af.

Discuss...
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
- Ansel Adams.

Comments

• joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    Well Canon released a 50mm f1.2 L this year, it's a horrendous price (compared to the other 50mm's) but its there if you are a wedding photog.

I'd love a 20mm 1.4.

But there are plenty of lenses that they do make that I want too. 85mm 1.2, 200mm 1.8, 8mm fisheye, 1200mm 5.6 ;)
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • Mike02Mike02 Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    jogle wrote:
    Well Canon released a 50mm f1.2 L this year
    I am well aware of that... I would just prefer nikon to use a cheaper build of the AIS, with basic af.

...Ideally, they would be able to sell it for about 1000-1200, and hopefully the filter thread could stay the same size as well. :p.
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
    - Ansel Adams.