1D MkIII Given Me a Throat Infection??

wyndhamwyndham Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited June 11, 2007 in Cameras
I was lucky enough to take delivery of my new camera on Friday but fell sick within about three hours which I hope is not an Omen.... I did get up at the weekend for long enough to take a few shots with the intention of pushing the high ISO features but in the event only got one shot that qualifies. If you're interested, the pictures are here: http://wyndhamhollis.smugmug.com/gallery/2980040/1/161310062

It's the first EOS 1 series I've owned (well it will be when I've finished paying off the c/c bill) and so far I'm very happy with it.

About the only downside I discovered so far is that it won't fit in my faithful LowePro Computrekker AW kit bag with a lens attached. Does anyone have a recommendation for a carry-on sized bag that would take 1D, 20D, 200mm 2.8 IS, 10-22, 24-105mm, 50mm 1.8, a 12inch screen laptop and the usual array of bits and pieces? I know it sounds like a trivial problem but actually carrying this stuff around comfortably and safely makes all the difference.

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited June 11, 2007
    wyndham wrote:
    I was lucky enough to take delivery of my new camera on Friday but fell sick within about three hours which I hope is not an Omen.... I did get up at the weekend for long enough to take a few shots with the intention of pushing the high ISO features but in the event only got one shot that qualifies. If you're interested, the pictures are here: http://wyndhamhollis.smugmug.com/gallery/2980040/1/161310062

It's the first EOS 1 series I've owned (well it will be when I've finished paying off the c/c bill) and so far I'm very happy with it.

About the only downside I discovered so far is that it won't fit in my faithful LowePro Computrekker AW kit bag with a lens attached. Does anyone have a recommendation for a carry-on sized bag that would take 1D, 20D, 200mm 2.8 IS, 10-22, 24-105mm, 50mm 1.8, a 12inch screen laptop and the usual array of bits and pieces? I know it sounds like a trivial problem but actually carrying this stuff around comfortably and safely makes all the difference.

I am so happy for you, in an envious and jealous kind of way.mwink.gifthumb.gif

While you couldn't have a lens attached, it does look like the Lowepro CompuTrekker Plus AW Backpack might have sufficient extra interior space to accomplish the storage of those items (the 1D MKIII has a height of just over 6 inches, which is tough for these combo bags to hold):

Lowepro CompuTrekker AW Backpack

Main Compartment: 11 x 5 x 15" (28 x 12.5 x 38 cm) (WxDxH)
    Notebook Compartment: 12 x 1.5 x 15" (30.5 x 4 x 38 cm) (WxDxH)

Lowepro CompuTrekker Plus AW Backpack

Main Compartment: 13 x 5.3 x 18.9" (33 x 13.5 x 46 cm) (WxDxH)
    Notebook Compartment: 11.6 x 1.9 x 18.7" (29.5 x 4.8 x 47.5 cm) (WxDxH)

Nice selection of lenses for this kit. thumb.gif
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums