What a weekend!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited June 11, 2007 in Weddings
I guess it's off to my real job tonight. I did some photos for this couple this weekend. Here are a few of the results. I am doing their wedding pro-bono as a favor to a friend, and this was our first meeting for a few engagement photos.

C7C welcome.....this is my first time for these. Also, we had to avoid the ring finger. her ring was being resized.

161362369-M.jpg

161362596-M.jpg

161362806-M.jpg

161362967-M.jpg

161362784-M.jpg

161362900-M.jpg

Comments

• gpphotosgpphotos Registered Users Posts: 266 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    im really digging their expressions. what did you say / do to get that from them?
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    gpphotos wrote:
    im really digging their expressions. what did you say / do to get that from them?

For the ones where they are smiling and looking together away from the camera, they were smiling/ posing for a second camera and photographer while I snapped shots from different angles. Where they are looking at each other, I simply asked them to look into each other's eyes. They are young and in love. After a few seconds looking intoi each others eyes, nature takes it's course. They were very uptight and tense at first, but really warmed up after about 15 minutes. I just kept talking, and joking around with them. He was most tense and I kept telling her that when it comes time for bridal portarits she should drive them there while he drinks a beer or two. Relaxing was the most important thing that happened for the camera, and being at ease with me.
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    Awsome Job!!! I really like these photos.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    k2butter wrote:
    Awsome Job!!! I really like these photos.

I appreciate the kind words. I REALLY wanted the ones with the columns to be acceptable, but I wasn't happy with them. I tried using fill flash and those didn't fair well. I underexposed them 1/3 stop to be sure the bright sides of the columns didnt blow out. The problem was that I could not achieve by any means a super sharp focus in the shadow behind the column. I think I may try either printing a grid on some cardstock, and have a helper hold it in front of the face for focus, or get a reflector kit to brighten the faces enough for the camera to see the contrast. I tried a couple different lenses and got the same results.....acceptable exposure, unacceptable sharpness.

If anyone has anything good to say about the 5 in 1 reflector kits that adorama or B&H sell I would be interested, as I think I need to do something in that regard.