digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
edited February 13, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
ISO 200 2.5" @ f.8, taken 2/12/05 Macro setting

15753650-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    That works very well, no quess re predominant color, I like the way the red is.
    Also I can see the glass, but it doesn't distract me from the color. I really like it. And the title is perfect!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 12, 2005
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That works very well, no quess re predominant color, I like the way the red is.
    Also I can see the glass, but it doesn't distract me from the color. I really like it. And the title is perfect!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

ginger
    this was probably the most challenging photo I've taken on in a while. I had to put my camera on a timer so that I could hold white posterboard just right so the glass wouldn't have hot spots and so that the wine wouldn't reflect everything around my desk, but I think it came out well. Thanks for commenting and I think your submission for the challenge is awesome!
  • Options
    melmel Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Excellent! So warm, such depth of color... I like everything about it. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2005
    please....
    give me some feedback on this shot. I'm torn! Thanks!ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    BryanBryan Registered Users Posts: 153 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    give me some feedback on this shot. I'm torn! Thanks!ne_nau.gif
    I like the shot, the color is great. I guess the only thing I maiht have is if we could not see the glass a little better. I don't know if it is possiable, but it might add a nice layer if you can add alight that will highlight some of the facets in the crystal a bit more, specifically in the stem, and possiable adding to the rim some how.

It is a great original shot, change that red to purples and I would hang it in my bedroom!
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    I jumped back and forth between your 2 shots. Very nice 2 timesthumb.gif

And I'd go with the blue, made me feel cold (in a nice way), and I don't drink :D
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2005
    Bryan wrote:
    I like the shot, the color is great. I guess the only thing I maiht have is if we could not see the glass a little better. I don't know if it is possiable, but it might add a nice layer if you can add alight that will highlight some of the facets in the crystal a bit more, specifically in the stem, and possiable adding to the rim some how.

It is a great original shot, change that red to purples and I would hang it in my bedroom!
    Laughing.gif, I'll get right on the purple thing and you can be my first customer ever, hehe. I had some shots were the facets were highlighted but they just looked like hot spots so I decided on this version. It took me forever to decide. I guess the reason I settled on this is because wine is synonymous with relaxed and soft. I dunno! I'm not a pro. :)
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    For some reason I keep going back to the blue one also , there is nothing technical I woudl change with the wine glass except since IMHO it looks like the glass is on its side maybe some spilled wine in the same color tones would add to it.. I am certainly no pro
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2005
    4labs wrote:
    For some reason I keep going back to the blue one also , there is nothing technical I woudl change with the wine glass except since IMHO it looks like the glass is on its side maybe some spilled wine in the same color tones would add to it.. I am certainly no pro
    on it's side? hmmm. this is how I took the shot. I had spilled wine over white paper, and I had the glass sitting at the top of the frame so I could see the bottom of the stand. The glass itself is a reflection. So the wine you see is all spilled! :) thanks for your vote....I think I'm gonna have to flip a coin, lol.