Image numbering in Smug...

PantherFanPantherFan Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
edited June 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello to all,

Newby here...getting ready to put my first batch of sports pics up for sale to my team parents.

Q-Is there any way to neatly number order my images in my galleries so they are easier for my team parents to order. Right now, all that I have showing are image file names. I think this looks too techy and not very professional.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Feel free to browse my photos and critique away. BTW, I know I still have some PP work to do...

Thanks

Donnie

www.hotshotzsportsphoto.com type in hotshozphoto in SmugMug

:thumb
There's no shame in not owning tools...just like there's no shame in holding your wife's purse...for a minute

:wink

Comments

• jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    PantherFan wrote:
    Hello to all,

Newby here...getting ready to put my first batch of sports pics up for sale to my team parents.

Q-Is there any way to neatly number order my images in my galleries so they are easier for my team parents to order. Right now, all that I have showing are image file names. I think this looks too techy and not very professional.

Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance.

Feel free to browse my photos and critique away. BTW, I know I still have some PP work to do...

Thanks

Donnie

www.hotshotzsportsphoto.com type in hotshozphoto in SmugMug

thumb.gif

You can add whatever description you want to the image caption. That could include your own "image number" or "image moniker". Smugmug has tools for either grabbing the caption out of an EXIF/IPTC field when you upload the image (if you set it on the image before upload) or for setting captions in bulk after you've uploaded.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 11, 2007
    And, there are some great tips on keywording on the Pro Wiki: http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/Pros
  • iambackiamback Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    And, there are some great tips on keywording on the Pro Wiki: http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/Pros
    Several programs that can apply IPTC data are mentioned there. One word of warning, and one tip:
    1. I had a very bad experience with ThumbsPlus (version 7.5 pro) which completely clobbered the header of several TIFF files so they were corrupted beyond rescue. When I posted on the support forum, staff didn't seem interested in hearing about the bug though I even offered to send them sample files. Even though I paid for the program, I uninstalled it and won't use it again.
    2. My personal favorite for not only quickly browsing images but some basic operations is XnView (Freeware for private non-commercial, educational use and non-profit organization, or €26 per license); it's becoming ever more powerful. It can do excellent lossless rotation of JPG files for instance (handy if your Camera doesn't embed rotation data in the EXIF). And it has an very user-friendly interface for adding and editing IPTC data (multiple pictures if needed), and lets you save and load templates for the data. And I've never seen it corrupt image files. Permanent part of my toolbox.
    Marjolein Katsma
    Look through my eyes on Cultural Surfaces! - customizing... currently in a state between limbo and chaos