Date Taken not working?

mhaslammhaslam Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
edited October 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
It seems that Date Taken is the default for the photo timeline. When I try to change t date uploaded, it does not change. Also, the summary indicates that I have 240 photos taken for 2007, when I click on that though, I only see 17 photos. The 17 is correct -- the 240 is not. Finally, when I am logged off, searching by date range - Jan 1, 2007 thru June 12, 2007 reveals no photos. Logged on, searching on that date ranges gets me the 17 photos I have taken this year.

Comments

• AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    mhaslam wrote:
    For some reason, the date taken feature on my timeline is s not working. When I cliick on it , it remains focused on date uploaded. Is there a problem with this feature? Thank you.

Can you give us your SmugMug homepage? ear.gif

I'd be happy to take a look.

-Anne
  • richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    mhaslam wrote:
    For some reason, the date taken feature on my timeline is s not working. When I cliick on it , it remains focused on date uploaded. Is there a problem with this feature? Thank you.
    You're right. There is a problem ("bug") and it has been reported to SmugMug support. Sorry for the trouble.
  • mhaslammhaslam Registered Users Posts: 31 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    updated thread
    I updated my original post. Seems there is more to it than the focus being on either date taken or date uploaded.

my homepage is: mhaslam.smugmug.com
  • darryldarryl Registered Users Posts: 997 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    richW wrote:
    You're right. There is a problem ("bug") and it has been reported to SmugMug support. Sorry for the trouble.

Hi Rich:

I just noticed this bug as well. When the Date panel is not shown on the Home Page, it seems "stuck" on "date taken", as that is the only link available, even after you click it. (Expected behavior would be that when you go back to the Control Panel and look at the setting, the "date uploaded" link would be live.)

When the Date panel *is* shown on the Home Page, the opposite occurs, and only the "date uploaded" link is available.

I've been able to manually set the date sort option by going to the URL:
    http://mysite.smugmug.com/index.mg?DateBy=DateTaken
    OR
    http://mysite.smugmug.com/index.mg?DateBy=DateUploaded

But clearly this is a little hackish. Any chance this will be resolved in a future update?

Thanks.