keyword pain

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited June 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
So I made a mistake on my keywords when I was importing photos in Lightroom, and now, when they import into Smugmug, the keywords are preserved incorrectly. While all the keywords are on every image in the gallery, they are not showing up in the gallery keyword section.

Is there any way to do a bulk keyword change? Because the one-at-a-time fix for 120 images will be a huge pain.

All of these photos:
http://www.markmroden.com/Weddings/332764
have 'lueth' misspelled in them.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,341 moderator
    edited June 12, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    Is there any way to do a bulk keyword change? Because the one-at-a-time fix for 120 images will be a huge pain.

There is a bulk keyword tool at the gallery level.

From photo tools, select
    Edit Captions/Keywords (Bulk)

--- Denise
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    So I made a mistake on my keywords when I was importing photos in Lightroom, and now, when they import into Smugmug, the keywords are preserved incorrectly. While all the keywords are on every image in the gallery, they are not showing up in the gallery keyword section.

All of these photos:
    In your gallery, go to the gallery tools and select Edit Captions/Keywords Bulk. There you will get a screen where you can quickly fix all your keywords at once.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    mmroden wrote:

All of these photos:
    Hi,

Sure. Go to your bulk keyword/caption edit photo tool.

Select "Replace" "Lueth" with "Leuth" in "all" "keywords".

Click "preview", make sure it did what you had hoped it would do, then click "save". You'll need to do this for each gallery, but it should be pretty quick.

Please let us know if you run any trouble.

-Anne

EDIT: I love how helpful all you dgrinners are. You pitched in before I had even finished composing my post! :)
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    Ah, excellent-- that does the trick!

Thanks!
  • rdlugoszrdlugosz Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    Yea, there's definitely something wrong with keywords when JPEGs are exported from Lightroom and imported into Smugmug. I first noticed it with numeric keywords, but it appears that the problem is with all keywords - They won't show up until you do some editing & resave in the SM interface.

I wrote an article about fixing the keywords via some Javascript and the Bulk Keyword interface. You may find it helpful to you. I typically run that script against any galleries I create these days.

I've been in touch with the SM help desk, so they're aware of the issue & I believe they are working on it.