Options

Vegas 10-22 ef-s ( more to come )

windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
edited February 14, 2005 in Landscapes
anybody who knows me knows that I run as fast as I can away from wide angle.... but the fact is that I bought the canon 10-22 ef-s. when i got to Vegas it was late and dark ( 11:00 PM ) . had to go to ISO 3200 to get 1/60. Lens was wide open... not the most interesting image but proof that i can open wide........ troy15764702-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Troy
    Thanks for the shot to me it shows the lack of noise in the 20d clap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2005
    Whoa that IS a cool shot, Troy! clap.gif

AJ
  • Options
    edited February 13, 2005
    the image i posted was done with no correction for iso 3200 either
    '

troy
    '
    USAIR wrote:
    Thanks for the shot to me it shows the lack of noise in the 20d clap.gif

Thanks
    Fred
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited February 13, 2005
    As I've said before, wide is good thumb.gif
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2005
    ian408 wrote:
    As I've said before, wide is good thumb.gif

as well as easy, fun, and rewarding.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    edited February 14, 2005
    well it is fun, but im not sure about "easy".... i like hand holding and keeping everything lined up was definetly a chore... but the payoff is worth it i guess....

troy
    fish wrote:
    as well as easy, fun, and rewarding.
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2005
    windoze wrote:
    well it is fun, but im not sure about "easy".... i like hand holding and keeping everything lined up was definetly a chore... but the payoff is worth it i guess....

troy
    Definitely worthwhile. Handholding at night is tough, but that lens with adequate light in the daytime is a photojournalist's dream. Truly point and shoot with an incredible DOF, starting at 9.5" from the camera. Waaaay easier than shooting a long tele with a DOF of just a few inches.

Easier for me, I should say. All lenses have their own unique properties, and some folks are more comfortable with one type than another. That's what makes photography so fun for me...there's something for everyone.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson