Cart Problems

ErikmateyErikmatey Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited June 12, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I am having trouble ordering prints. I uploaded a wedding today(326 images). I have no problems adding them to the cart. My troubles come as soon as I try to go to the cart to order them.

My first problem is it take almost 10 minutes (literaly) for the cart to come up, if at all.

Once the cart does come up, I have to order 2 4x6's lustre of each print. So I change the first one to the desired services and hit apply changes. This would take another 10 minutes or so to apply the changes, if at all. I have actually had it time out on me several times.
During this stage, I actually had my images dumped from the cart and someone else's (not shot be my and not on my account) showed up. Yes this actually happened and I have no idea whose they are.

So I emptied those prints and re added the 4 galleries I need back to my cart, and am awaiting the changes (2 each Lustre) to go through.

I have spent almost 3 hours (seriously) trying to order these 326 prints.

This is the first time I have had this much trouble order, and it's not even the largest order I have done.

I'm not looking for any kind of reimbursement or comps (you guys have great customerservice BTW) I just need help ordering these prints.!

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    Well, honestly? Our cart *is* slow when you add that many images. We're working on it, and we should have a new cart out in the not-too-distant-future (it's in development now).

Please break up your order, into say, three smaller orders. Then, when your orders SHIP, email ATTN: Andy to the help desk and we'll take care of refunding the shipping the 2nd and 3rd orders.

Sorry for the hassle :(
  • ErikmateyErikmatey Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited June 12, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Well, honestly? Our cart *is* slow when you add that many images. We're working on it, and we should have a new cart out in the not-too-distant-future (it's in development now).

Please break up your order, into say, three smaller orders. Then, when your orders SHIP, email ATTN: Andy to the help desk and we'll take care of refunding the shipping the 2nd and 3rd orders.

Sorry for the hassle :(

Thanks Andy...
    Like I said and will continue to say, you provide excellant customer service.
    I'll put through the seperate orders and send over an email.

It's just odd that this order (again not the largest I have done) is the first that I have had a problem with.

But thanks again.