Pages not Displaying Properly

wyndhamwyndham Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
edited June 20, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I brought this up a while ago but can't find the thread (is there a way of listing recent threads one has posted on?) so here goes again...

I'm usind Firefox 2.0.0.4 and have cusomized my site (wyndhamhollis.smugmug.com) to some extent. I keep getting screens that don't display properly - some have action buttons missing (although usable if you know where they are) and some like the attachment just seem malformed. If anyone can shed any light on the problem I'd be really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• wyndhamwyndham Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Here's the other attachment I meant to send with the above
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Interesting. I can't replicate, FF2 on your site.

Please check your firefox settings for Content, do you have the box for load images automatically checked?

Another test: Can you go here
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184

And see if you can pass all the tests?
    edited June 13, 2007
    Hi Andy, I seem to have everything covered by those suggestions set properly. IE 7 seems to work OK (although unbearably slowly) - do you think I should re-install FF when I have time.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    wyndham wrote:
    do you think I should re-install FF when I have time.

It wouldn't hurt, I'm sorry that I have not a better answer for you - as I said, I tried to replicate this on your site and couldn't.

LEt us know, okay?
    edited June 18, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    It wouldn't hurt, I'm sorry that I have not a better answer for you - as I said, I tried to replicate this on your site and couldn't.

LEt us know, okay?

I downloaded and re-installed FF but have the same problem today. It seems to be intermittent but I can't associate it with anything else happening on my machine.
    edited June 20, 2007
    wyndham wrote:
    I downloaded and re-installed FF but have the same problem today. It seems to be intermittent but I can't associate it with anything else happening on my machine.

Any other ideas, Andy?
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    wyndham wrote:
    Any other ideas, Andy?
    Does it make a difference if you remove either the photoBarDelay JS line, or the position-bottom JS line? What about removing both?
    edited June 20, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    Does it make a difference if you remove either the photoBarDelay JS line, or the position-bottom JS line? What about removing both?

I'll give it a shot but the display problems include invisible buttons on the Control Panel screen and Create Gallery screens too so I hadn't considered the JS customisations as a likely cause. I have to go out now but I'll let you know. It's very irritating!