Options

Three painting replications

mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
edited June 13, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
So the ceiling of one of the rooms in the Tower of Learning at the University of Pittsburgh has these paintings on them. It seems almost a shame, since I'd expect that whoever worked on them would want them someplace other than a ceiling...

161760218-M-1.jpg

161760753-M-1.jpg

161763318-M-1.jpg

Or are they famous pieces of art, and I'm just completely ignorant? Has anyone seen these before, or know what they are?

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    mmroden wrote:
    So the ceiling of one of the rooms in the Tower of Learning at the University of Pittsburgh has these paintings on them. It seems almost a shame, since I'd expect that whoever worked on them would want them someplace other than a ceiling...

Or are they famous pieces of art, and I'm just completely ignorant? Has anyone seen these before, or know what they are?

They look sorta new, like replica's to me.
    The colours look too bright, may the art students did them ne_nau.gif
    I have no clue, just guessing :D

Did you buy any chance get a shot of the entire ceiling???

Thanks for sharing........... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    I did play with the colors a wee bit, but not too much beyond a bit of contrast enhancement. It might have been art students, I suppose.

The entire ceiling was unfortunately only 8 feet high, punctuated by chandeliers, and had a 3 foot table underneath it. Me with my 17 at the widest could only get one panel at a time...