Some new ones...

Jody MelansonJody Melanson Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
edited June 13, 2007 in Holy Macro
Cleaned my filthy sensor with Dust Aid. Works pretty cool! My sensor was really dirty and it got everything but a couple of spots in one try.

Make sure this aggressive little guys loads. I pointed my camera at him and he reared up and did this a bunch of times!

162118270-O.gif

I'm really Lichen this shot. :D

161858032-O.jpg

Yay! Jumping Spider! :D

162118244-O.jpg

I was lying flat on the ground for this shot. These Shrooms were only about 1cm high.

162120911-O.jpg

162527563-O.jpg

I call this one "Streetlight Island" :D I added the water and reflection.

162527567-O.jpg

162527589-O.jpg

I'm assuming this is a male Shroom. :D Looks like he could use some penicillin also! LOL

162527614-O.jpg
There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!

Comments

• DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    These are really good. I like how you added the water and reflection in the Streetlight Island shot. And I love how you animated the ant. When I get pics that are similar like that, I always flip back and forth between the two for the kids to get a laugh at the effect (like dancing or winking, etc.) I've always wondered how to merge them into one animation like you've done. Could you explain how you did it or what software is needed? Thanks. :)
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • Jody MelansonJody Melanson Registered Users Posts: 416 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Debboggy wrote:
    These are really good. I like how you added the water and reflection in the Streetlight Island shot. And I love how you animated the ant. When I get pics that are similar like that, I always flip back and forth between the two for the kids to get a laugh at the effect (like dancing or winking, etc.) I've always wondered how to merge them into one animation like you've done. Could you explain how you did it or what software is needed? Thanks. :)

Hi Debbie! There are several programs you can creat animated GIF's with. For this one I used Photoshop CS3. Ulead also has a good one called GIF Animator. The CS3 is better though as you can use Align Layers and it will match up your photos quite well.

Hope this helps and thank you! :)
    There is a fine line between a hobby and mental illness!
  • pyrtekpyrtek Registered Users Posts: 539 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007

:beatwax
  • DebboggyDebboggy Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    CS3 huh? I'm still working with Photoshop 5.0 Limited Edition. :cry Thanks for the info though. :)
    ~Debbie~
    Canon Rebel XTi w/18-55mm kit lens
    28-105mm
    100-300mm USM
    100mm macro USM & Kenko extension tubes
  • mmrodenmmroden Registered Users Posts: 472 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    I love those jumping spider shots. Last time I saw one of those things, it definitely didn't sit still to have its picture taken.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Lovely shots Jody- like the animation and the flood filter moss :)
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Cleaned my filthy sensor with Dust Aid. Works pretty cool! My sensor was really dirty and it got everything but a couple of spots in one try.
    Make sure this aggressive little guys loads. I pointed my camera at him and he reared up and did this a bunch of times!
    I was lying flat on the ground for this shot. These Shrooms were only about 1cm high.
    I call this one "Streetlight Island" :D I added the water and reflection.
    I'm assuming this is a male Shroom. :D Looks like he could use some penicillin also! Laughing.gif

Hahaha that Ant sure has a decent set of choppers,
    so did you take him up on his challenge and offer up your finger rolleyes1.gif

My favourite shot in this series is No. #5 the Jumping Spider :D
    Very nice work Jody ... thanks for sharing.... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin