"Irrational Exuberance"

2»

Comments

• PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Graduations = "Rational Exuberance"
    So, here was my one attempt at a non-baby, non-kid idea. I like the idea, but the result was too snap-shotty... (not to mention the VERY distracting white shoes). Oh, and it kinda looks like she's sky-diving instead of jumping for joy.

So now back to the baby and kids :D

I like this idea a lot. I think it would be better if it were a spontaneous moment. There's a lot of potential here.

Both of my boys have graduation ceremonies this Saturday - one from High School and one from University. clap.gif

Fortunately one's in the morning and the other is in the afternoon and I'll definitely be shooting at the ceremonies, but they are both indoors and I don't know if my seats will provide a good angle. It'll be fun to try.

paul
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Strikeslip wrote:
    "Ballistic Blueberry"

What a scream! Your creative (apple) juices are flowing!!!

I'm glad I'm not alone. My husband shook his head when he watched me take the photo that won the "Air" challenge - that was a sight! I think my face turns red every time I see my lips and nose in middle box at the top of the this site! rolleyes1.gif
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Too bad this wasn't shot during the current time frame, this one says exuberance in all caps........wish it was my shot!!!
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Does anyone else ever think of a title before the image?

Actually Yes, I have "A Title" for the pic./composition I want to do, and as I was driving today, I was visualizing the composition in my minds eye, now to have the time to make it a "visual" and put it ALL together is another story..Laughing.gif... or unless something of a very natural composition presents itself before my eyes..

Regards,
    Donnailoveyou.gif

PS: Hi Everyone, hope all is well!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    rolleyes1.gif
    Strikeslip wrote:
    You've all probably seen the high-speed photos of a bullet passing through an apple. I decided it would be neat to get that shot, only replace the bullet with a blueberry. Ugh, didn't turn out too great... Hahaha! rolleyes1.gif "Ballistic Blueberry"

I believe the photo that your referring to, is the Famous Doc. Edgerton's photo, "Bullet Thru the Apple", but he also has the "Balloon being popped with a pin" the "Milkdrop Crown" which are just a few of his famous works, when he was doing Stoboscopy Photography (actually he was the inventor , pioneer, and he perfected the method) of which he won so many awards..

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Doc. Edgerton, if anyone is interested in reading his views on photography and filmography, it can be viewed at Mass. Institute of Technology (MIT) and his laboratory and other areas are referred to as "Doc Edgerton's Alley"....Great Man, Great Work, I really did admire him!!

Oops sorry did I go off trackeek7.gif ...GREAT SHOT, LOVED that Ballistic Blueberry!!

Donna rolleyes1.gif
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • StrikeslipStrikeslip Registered Users Posts: 102 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

I believe the photo that your referring to, is the Famous Doc. Edgerton's photo, "Bullet Thru the Apple", but he also has the "Balloon being popped with a pin" the "Milkdrop Crown" which are just a few of his famous works, when he was doing Stoboscopy Photography (actually he was the inventor , pioneer, and he perfected the method) of which he won so many awards..

I had the pleasure of meeting and working with Doc. Edgerton, if anyone is interested in reading his views on photography and filmography, it can be viewed at Mass. Institute of Technology (MIT) and his laboratory and other areas are referred to as "Doc Edgerton's Alley"....Great Man, Great Work, I really did admire him!!

Oops sorry did I go off trackeek7.gif ...GREAT SHOT, LOVED that Ballistic Blueberry!!

Donna rolleyes1.gif
    Wow, that's neat! And now I'm only two degrees of separation from him thanks to you. mwink.gif