Checking Comments

Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
edited June 13, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to make it so when someone posts a comment, it goes into a queue for you to approve or disapprove it?

I ask because I have an anonymous poster that has come to my site on numerous occasions today and has posted negatively about my photos and how unprofessional they are, etc. He is posing as a professional photographer that is "tasked" with critiquing the work of other photographers. I want to be able to still accept comments, but similar to Myspace and other sites, have an option to view them and accept them before they are actually posted to the site.

Thanks
Brett
Dramatapix®
My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited June 13, 2007
    There sure is a way to do it. It's called 'comment approval' and is an option in your Control Panel if you click on the number of comments near the top. You'll see a checkbox that makes it so every comment requires your approval before it becomes visible.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-sharing-comments
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Dramatapix®Dramatapix® Registered Users Posts: 430 Major grins
    edited June 13, 2007
    Sheaf wrote:
    There sure is a way to do it. It's called 'comment approval' and is an option in your Control Panel if you click on the number of comments near the top. You'll see a checkbox that makes it so every comment requires your approval before it becomes visible.

http://www.smugmug.com/help/photo-sharing-comments

Sweet.... Thank you.

Has anyone else had this issue with someone posing as a professional photographer and just lambasting your photos? I'm a small , part time photographer and my work is very local. I can't imagine how this person just found me and decided to rape my work.

Anyone else had this problem?
    My Gear: D200, D80, 50 f/1.4, 28-75 f/2.8, 55-200 f/4-5.6, 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 70-200 f2.8, (4) White Lightning Ultra 1200's, SB600, (2) Lightspheres, 17" Macbook Pro, 24" Apple Imac, Thinkpad T42, Epson R-260, PSCS2, Adobe Lightroom, Apple Aperture, PS Elements 4