Need filenames in the cart

TJcajunTJcajun Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited June 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Does anyone else wish that photo file names would show up with the photo in the cart? Here's a scenario. I have a handwritten list of maybe 30 fairly similar photos in one of my galleries (with filenames) and notes to indicate what to do on each filenamed photo, such as various cropping work done, maybe some duplicates, various sizes, and so forth, for an order. I select the photos and send them to the cart. Now I'm ready to do my editing, duplicating, etc. But it is very confusing to know which photo needs what done in the cart, because there are no filenames that show up with the photos. Sure, I can click on the photo, go back to the gallery, see what the filename is, then go back to the cart and make my edits. That's not good work flow.

All that's needed is for the filenames to show up with the photos in the cart. Any chance that this can be accomplished?

Thanks for considering this.
TJCajun

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    TJcajun wrote:
    Does anyone else wish that photo file names would show up with the photo in the cart? Here's a scenario. I have a handwritten list of maybe 30 fairly similar photos in one of my galleries (with filenames) and notes to indicate what to do on each filenamed photo, such as various cropping work done, maybe some duplicates, various sizes, and so forth, for an order. I select the photos and send them to the cart. Now I'm ready to do my editing, duplicating, etc. But it is very confusing to know which photo needs what done in the cart, because there are no filenames that show up with the photos. Sure, I can click on the photo, go back to the gallery, see what the filename is, then go back to the cart and make my edits. That's not good work flow.
    I don't know if this will help now. Next time add the SmugMug image number to your list. While in the shopping cart you can hover over the thumbnail and the image number will show in your browser status bar. To get your image number look in the address bar while viewing a gallery, the image number will be last set of numbers. See the screen grab below.. :)
    All that's needed is for the filenames to show up with the photos in the cart. Any chance that this can be accomplished?
    Thanks for considering this.
    TJCajun
    To be on the safe side, post your request over here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57396

shoppingcartGrab.jpg
  • TJcajunTJcajun Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    richW wrote:
    I don't know if this will help now. Next time add the SmugMug image number to your list. While in the shopping cart you can hover over the thumbnail and the image number will show in your browser status bar. To get your image number look in the address bar while viewing a gallery, the image number will be last set of numbers. See the screen grab below.. :)
    To be on the safe side, post your request over here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=57396

shoppingcartGrab.jpg
    Rich, it does help. This will help me when I'm working on a large group of photos. In my original message, I didn't indicate, but the "problem" was noted by one of my customers. I think your solution is good, but I shouldn't have to provide this solution to my clients and make them do the extra work. Thanks for the suggestion to post this in the other area - I'll do that. I visited your site - great photo work you have there, and a nice layout on your site. Thanks again for the help. T.J.