LPS7 Eternal Sadness

pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
edited June 15, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Is he sad enough? Obviously they need PP, but what do you think?

944785-757

944786-5f1

944787-c43

944789-4d4

944790-3d1
pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Isn't that a boxers normal look? ne_nau.gif good shots though...
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    What a beautiful dog! He sure looks sad. For me, the best for "sorrow" is the first one because he is looking down as though contemplating a loss - not pleading (##2 &4)), mildly hopeful (#3) or simply sadly resigned (#5), just looking really sorrowful. The bigger question, I would guess, is whether pet pictures which rely on anthromorphizing by the viewer have a shot. ne_nau.gifAll I can say is that these pictures of your dog touched my heartstrings. iloveyou.gif

Virginia

Email
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Isn't that a boxers normal look? ne_nau.gif good shots though...

lol yeah, but i figured I'd try =c)
    edited June 14, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    What a beautiful dog! He sure looks sad. For me, the best for "sorrow" is the first one because he is looking down as though contemplating a loss - not pleading (##2 &4)), mildly hopeful (#3) or simply sadly resigned (#5), just looking really sorrowful. The bigger question, I would guess, is whether pet pictures which rely on anthromorphizing by the viewer have a shot. ne_nau.gifAll I can say is that these pictures of your dog touched my heartstrings. iloveyou.gif

Virginia

=c) thank you. This is a first try. If I can think of something better, i'll post that up too =c) thanks for the feedback.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Is he sad enough? Obviously they need PP, but what do you think?
    I kinda like #1. thumb.gif
    However, my gut instinct tells me that we end up with tons of puppies and babies, so make sure yours will stand up for the competition..deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    You're probably right - my dog was my first idea. And usually first ideas are everybody's ideas.

I like your dog idea Pyro, he does seem to have a good, natural, sorrowful expression for the challenge.

Side story - my husband had a boxer that was so smart he could open up doors using his paws on the door knob. They are neat dogs.
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
    edited June 14, 2007
    I first figured that it would mostly be people, so I wanted to go for something else, but then again, a dog isn't terribly original either =c) well, i guess i just gotta keep on truckin'
    edited June 14, 2007
    What do you think? Good enough to get in the ring (pun intended)?
    952552-ebb
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Awww. He is totally adorably sorrowful looking! The expression may be his normal one, but it sure makes me want to make him feel better. And I am a cat person! BTW, I like the treatment and the fact that the out of focus eye is now more in shadow. Nice job!

Virginia

Email
    edited June 15, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Awww. He is totally adorably sorrowful looking! The expression may be his normal one, but it sure makes me want to make him feel better. And I am a cat person! BTW, I like the treatment and the fact that the out of focus eye is now more in shadow. Nice job!

Virginia

=c) I'm both a cat person and a dog person (and a ferrert person) =c) thanks
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Looking at it with fresh eyes...
    my take....just a dog...not a contender...dog looks like this all day and does not evoke an emotion of sorrow. Now, these are nice shots of the pup, don't get me wrong but they aren 't powerful enough to stir one's soul. JMHO, keep shooting as I'm sure you'll shoot a winner thumb.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    I have to agree with Swartzy. An adorable dog, but the eyes (like with a lot of dogs) look more soulful to me than sad. Perhaps an empty bowl under its nose or something might add more context to the image?

Sunita
  • LynieLynie Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    I love pups...
    :cry My bottom lip popped out on this one. It was my first reaction. Maybe you should give him his bone back and then you can get joy! iloveyou.gif He'll love ya for it!
    Lynie
    ~Life is like photography. You use the negatives to develop.~
    -Anonymous-
    :thumb