Options

Wierd day Wild pictures.

ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
edited February 28, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Sometimes winter is not all white.

2585732-M.jpg

And once the sun popped out.

2585733-M.jpg

After work at approx 23:00 With the Ice Fog moving in.

2585734-M.jpg

A 15 second exposure taken at a single light down in the valley with Ice Fog.

And unfortune for me, todays sunset was unfreaking real! I was at work I had my camera but was far to busy to sneak off for some pics.

All in all not a bad photo day, I figure I have 3 keepers which is far better than the catch and release I have been practicing.:dunno

Cheers ,
Tim

Comments

• Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    That last one is a pearler mate thumb.gif Top stuff.

Well its fri night & im PUI...but i still recon its a great shot. Winter here is sooo drab...no colour at all cause its about the same as summer without the storms.
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    That last one is a pearler mate thumb.gif Top stuff.

Well its fri night & im PUI...but i still recon its a great shot. Winter here is sooo drab...no colour at all cause its about the same as summer without the storms.
    Thanks for the compliment. By the way I am racking my brain trying to figure out what PUI stands for .

Long day today my brain is a bit fried. :D

Tim
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    Shakey wrote:
    Thanks for the compliment. By the way I am racking my brain trying to figure out what PUI stands for .

Long day today my brain is a bit fried. :D

Tim
    Posting under the influence.....been a long week of lying under filthy, hot industrial kitchen equipment getting electrocuted & hot fat splashed on me....so i deserve a gentle evening.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    Does yer wife know you talk about her like that? lol3.gif

Nice shots shakes, I'm partial to #1 meself. Knowhatcha mean about the frustration of seeing a good shot but not being able to make it. One night I was downtown shooting the diner, and I saw low level low level clouds rolling below the peak of some of the downtown skyscrapers. But I didn't have a lens to capture it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    erusherush Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2004
    The one in the middle is kind of bland....no real subject and with the way that it's shot it splits the frame into two halves which isn't good for a viewer.

The one on top is better, using more of the Rule of Thirds but really there's not too much of a subject. (good for a postcard or something) But i do like in this one how the gap in the trees isn't centered and how the river is more towards the bottom keeping it a little more interesting, but the void in the top right hand side bugs me a little. (trees)

The third one is the way that it's supposed to be done, I like it alot.

Sorry if this stuff that I've written seems harsh or blunt, and this is just constructive critism. There should be no offense taken from my comments.

good luck.
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited February 28, 2004
    Shakey, nice shots. All three!

If it's Monday, you call it "PUI Monday". Of course any day is likely to
    be a PUI day down the hall.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?