Options

195 of 287 photos uploaded

Brian MullinsBrian Mullins Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited June 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi guys.. I looked but didn't see any recent reports of this. I have 287 photos to upload and, after letting it run all night, I see only 195 in the gallery. The very odd thing is, the missing images are scattered across the upload. Instead of, let's say, a disconnect stopping the transfer at a certain point, I have miages that appear to have been completely missed on the upload.

I'm using send to smugmug and had to go back and manually determin which ones didn't upload and resend. Is this a common problem, was SM possibly having problems yesterday or is their another explanation? I'm using a SM pro account and having confidence in the material I put online is paramount to my business.

Comments

• Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Hi guys.. I looked but didn't see any recent reports of this. I have 287 photos to upload and, after letting it run all night, I see only 195 in the gallery. The very odd thing is, the missing images are scattered across the upload. Instead of, let's say, a disconnect stopping the transfer at a certain point, I have miages that appear to have been completely missed on the upload.

I'm using send to smugmug and had to go back and manually determin which ones didn't upload and resend. Is this a common problem, was SM possibly having problems yesterday or is their another explanation? I'm using a SM pro account and having confidence in the material I put online is paramount to my business.

Did you check your upload log for errors first? You can see what failed. Look in your Control Panel - Statistics - View log. Default is to show errors. Check Show All for a listing of all uploaded images.

Also, I know that sometimes, when uploading a lot of images, they get in the processing queue and eventually show up.
  • Options
    Brian MullinsBrian Mullins Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited June 14, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    Did you check your upload log for errors first? You can see what failed. Look in your Control Panel - Statistics - View log. Default is to show errors. Check Show All for a listing of all uploaded images.

Also, I know that sometimes, when uploading a lot of images, they get in the processing queue and eventually show up.

Wow.. didn't know that type of logging was there. Excellent. Yes, I got upload failures for, what it appears to be, all the missing photos. The error was a bit vague - upload problem: empty file, which it's not, but I assume thats a problem with trying to upload so many photos.

This makes it a bit easier... I'll see if I can find an issue on either my WAN connection or machine.