smugmug down or just MEGA slow?

gblottergblotter Registered Users Posts: 176 Major grins
edited June 14, 2007 in SmugMug Support
is smugmug down right now? displaying pages is MEGA slow, and all attempted operations seem to timeout.

tracert times out too.

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    speedy for me.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    gblotter wrote:
    is smugmug down right now? displaying pages is MEGA slow, and all attempted operations seem to timeout.

tracert times out too.

I saw a couple minute hiccup where no galleries would load, but now it appears to be working again for me.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Hi Greg, I've made sure the engineers have seen this - the site is going fine, fast for me, including your site. I know that some folks are seeing slowness in spots - hopefully it's just connectivity stuff that is temporary.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    I'm getting the following error uploading using different uploaders:

"Sending information to the server failed with error code 12002. Uploading has been aborted."

5MB worth of pictuers I'm trying to upload.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    evoryware wrote:

"Sending information to the server failed with error code 12002. Uploading has been aborted."

This is a not-so-very-helpful windows error, indicating some sort of networking issue, locally. It can happen on wireless networks with phones interference, it can be precipitated by security software that is trying to protect your PC, or interruption in the connection with your Internet Service Provider.

Let us know if it persists? Alternatively, you can try other Windows uploaders like the excellent SendToSmugMug? (the link for that is on your upload page, click "we have others"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    Thanks! I tried that and while it does look to be a wonderful way to upload, no luck. I'll try again later.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • cdonovancdonovan Registered Users Posts: 724 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    evoryware wrote:

that is extremly frustrating when I finish editing for the night and start to upload photos and head to bed, only to wake up the next morning to find that error