Square thumbs?

akushnirakushnir Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 29, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I notice that the thumbs on other users galleries are square, regardless of the aspect ratio of the photo; how do I get the thumbs on my galleries square?
Thanks.
Alan

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2007
    akushnir wrote:
    I notice that the thumbs on other users galleries are square, regardless of the aspect ratio of the photo; how do I get the thumbs on my galleries square?
    Thanks.
    Alan
    You can do one at a time, look under "photo tools" or if you have a power or
    pro account you can add the "bulk zoom thumbs" hack here.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • FormerLurkerFormerLurker Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    This is pretty large code (as Gary Glass mentioned in one of the other threads on this subject). I have a number of galleries I want to convert but was curious about how the code functioned. If I put in all three code components and ran the hack on all of the galleries I wanted to convert, could I then delete the JS code so it didn't need to load each time a user viewed the gallery? I can't tell whether it makes the thumbs each time the gallery is loaded or whether the hack runs once, makes the thumbs, and then re-displays the already-created thumbs each time the gallery is viewed.

Thanks!
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    the hack runs once, makes the thumbs, and then re-displays the already-created thumbs each time the gallery is viewed.

This is what the bulk-thumbnails hack does.
  • FormerLurkerFormerLurker Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited July 29, 2007
    So then I should have no trouble pulling out the bulky JS code once I've run it once? Thanks!