Maintenance 14 June 2007 @ 10:00pm - 03:00am PDT

WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
edited June 15, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hi Folks, sorry for not posting about this sooner, but we are going to be taking advantage of our regularly scheduled maintenance window tonight. We hope to just place the site in read-only mode so that impact is minimal. This means your photos will be available, but you will not be able to make changes or upload new images.

Tonight we're making some updates to our database infrastructure.

In theory, we don't need the entire window, so we hope to be quick! Of course, computers have minds of their own, so it could be longer than we expect. We'll do our best, and post updates to this thread.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    bump
  • WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    We're actually all set for tonight. No downtime necessary. Sorry about that folks.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Bug?
    Wireless wrote:
    We're actually all set for tonight. No downtime necessary. Sorry about that folks.

Was it intentional to lose the ability to "Add Photos to This Gallery" in this latest maintenance. Go to a gallery. Pick the Add Photos button. Before this update, there was an option to add photos to this gallery. Now you have to find this gallery in the hiearchical menu. This is a big step down in usability from the previous implementation and judging by how much controversy there was on this feature when it first appears in the last upgrade, this change/mistake will not be well received.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • WirelessWireless Registered Users Posts: 162 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    jfriend wrote:
    Was it intentional to lose the ability to "Add Photos to This Gallery" in this latest maintenance. Go to a gallery. Pick the Add Photos button. Before this update, there was an option to add photos to this gallery. Now you have to find this gallery in the hiearchical menu. This is a big step down in usability from the previous implementation and judging by how much controversy there was on this feature when it first appears in the last upgrade, this change/mistake will not be well received.

We didn't do maintenance, so I'll have to defer to the folks that muck around with the interface. Seems like a mistake to me, if not someone will probably address that. ne_nau.gif
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Wireless wrote:
    We didn't do maintenance, so I'll have to defer to the folks that muck around with the interface. Seems like a mistake to me, if not someone will probably address that. ne_nau.gif

Um, my SM is in window shopping mode. If there isn't any maintenance after all, when can I expect to be able to upload photos again? Just refresh a couple times or clear my cache / cookies or something?

-Matt-
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Um, my SM is in window shopping mode. If there isn't any maintenance after all, when can I expect to be able to upload photos again? Just refresh a couple times or clear my cache / cookies or something?

-Matt-

Andrew opted not to do his piece of maintenance tonight, but that doesn't mean I didn't do mine. :)

We're all done now, I think (and hope), so enjoy the site.

Don