Universal Drag n Drop uploader issues.

DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
edited June 16, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I usually used the drag n drop uploader for all my uploading but lately (couple weeks or more) I've being unable to use that uploader.

It accepts the drag n dropped file(s) and goes through the upload sequence (status bar moves, the thumbnail changes etc) but in the end - it tells me that it didn't recieve any files.

I now have to use ole faithful but it IS slower to get it ready to upload.

Granted my FF(2) has being behaving oddly the last couple months, but has anyone else had issues with the drag n drop?

Also - when I upload to my Friends & Family folder which has a LOT of photos in it - I have to move any new uploads as they go to the last page, and it takes for ever before I can actually get in there to move the photo(s).

First it takes forever to load the thumbnails, but even when they are all loaded - on the bottom of FF on the status thingy (brain dead right now as I'm at work) - it still indicates that it's still doing stuff. I can't start moving until it finished otherwise I have to redo the move.

Any answers would really keep me from pulling my hair out.

T.I.A.

Derek

EDIT: Sorry, meant 'arrange' not 'move' photos.
http://www.djkennedy.com

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    How do you want the gallery arranged? You can choose different options in the gallery customizing settings, by date uploaded, position, etc. Do you need help with that? Just holler.
    edited June 16, 2007
    As for the uploader, are you certain that these are jpgs, less than 8bm (power) 16mb (pro) and less than 48 megapixels? What does your upload log say (it's near the top of your control panel) -any errors?
  • DJKennedyDJKennedy Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Thanks Andy:

Because the way I originally started the gallery, I kinda have to arrange as I upload each photo(s) - day one I uploaded all I had (couple hundred photos) and then arranged them all to more or less the proper order so arranging them in ascending/decending will really mess up all those original first uploads.

I have I think 462 photos in that gallery right now so when I upload new photos and have to arrange them so that the new ones show as first on page one, I go to arrang(pro) - it takes a hair over a minute to load all the thumbs, then another minute to contue to load something (not really sure what it's doing the second time around) THEN I can arrange the newly uploaded images to the front of the pack.

All images are less than 2mb - usually anyway but always less then 8mb. I normally save them to be 1.8ish or less.

I think I'll have to continue to arrange after each uplaod to maintain the order the images are in.

My main issue is the drag and drop just doesnt work for me anymore. No matter if I try to u/l 1 photo, or a dozen. Probably just my FF as it's decided to stop doing some things I always did (like using the d&d with SM for example).

sigh

Oh well.

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo shop? "One day my prints will come."

edited June 16, 2007
    DJKennedy wrote:
    sigh

Oh well.

Does it work with IE?
    edited June 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Does it work with IE?

Sorry for the slow reply - wife and 4 y/o son took me to a Fathers Day brunch (today due to me working tomorrow and I just hate crowds).

On my PC it worked fine with IE7 and FF2.

I gotta have an issue on my laptop with FF...I'll have to try IE(6) on the laptop when I get to work today (about an hour).

Wonder if it's the Java applet - I've updated the laptop to the latest and greatest...not sure if I did on this computer.

edited June 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Does it work with IE?

Back at work:

FF2 and IE6 does not work on my laptop using the universal drag and drop.

ne_nau.gif

My laptop has 'issues'. eek7.gif