Wedding.....

ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited June 18, 2007 in Weddings
Ok, I'm going to post some pictures from a wedding 2 weekends ago. I love the pics, but all over this old house were red colors and deep browns. You can see it in every pic! I'm racking my brain, and exhausting myself trying to get these colors corrected. Is it worth it, or am I just worrying for nothing?

1)Hooker%20Wedding%20051.JPG?imgmax=512

2)
Hooker%20Wedding%20040%20copy.jpg?imgmax=512

3)C%3A%5CUsers%5CShannon%5CPictures%5C2007-06-03%20Hooker%20Wedding%5CHooker%20Wedding%20219copy.jpg?imgmax=512

4)
Hooker%20Wedding%20092.JPG?imgmax=512
Shannon :D
Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
www.heatonphotography.net
http://picasaweb.google.com/heatonphotography
www.myspace.com/heatonphotography

Comments

• ShannonHeatShannonHeat Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Anyone? Help? Am I just seeing things? Haha...rolleyes1.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel XTI, 430ex, sigma 24-70 f2.8 macro, a crummy kit lens, 4gb cf, and tons of batteries.
  • SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Yes I see it too...looks like the lighting in that room was not very good. Did you shoot RAW? If you did...you can adjust your WB and also your EV to +1/3 or so. Some of the pictures look a little soft too...you might want to sharpen a little.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Number 3 has mixed light. It looks like window light and tungsten (sp?). In this instance, you have to choose you battle, but you aren't going to be able to win both; balancing the room/ambient and the window light at the same time without a serious amout of masking/layers work.

Can't tell to much about the others. #2 might be a little heavy on the magenta - can't tell unless I drop a copy of it into PS. The last one does appear to be a bit too red/magenta to me.
    edited June 16, 2007
    I thought so. I'm sure she'll love them, but I often beat myself up it they don't come out perfect, ya know. Just didn't know if I should try and retouch, or present hem as is. Maybe i'll show her, and let her decide:D .
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    I thought so. I'm sure she'll love them, but I often beat myself up it they don't come out perfect, ya know. Just didn't know if I should try and retouch, or present hem as is. Maybe i'll show her, and let her decide:D .
    I would suggest that you need decide. My limited experience has shown that many clients appreciate being removed from the artistic/Q,decision process. In addition, you making the decision, without telling the client that you have done so, would tend to increase the appearance of professionalism. Maybe?
    edited June 17, 2007
    That makes perfect sence! Thank you! Very true!
    I would suggest that you need decide. My limited experience has shown that many clients appreciate being removed from the artistic/Q,decision process. In addition, you making the decision, without telling the client that you have done so, would tend to increase the appearance of professionalism. Maybe?
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    Shannon, Scott gives very good advice here...you're the photographer and you should make the call about how to process the images. Now here's the thing about light--some of it warm, some of it is cool, and most of it is somewhere in between. And it is all reflected off some surface--walls, tables, dresses, ceilings and SKIN. Yes, you can't have pink people or lavender table cloths that were actually white or green bridal gowns (unless they were actually green) but every surface in the room is going to change color depending upon the dominant light source in the room. Can you balance it all? Of course not. And if you tried, every image you took would look oddly "altered" and somewhat contrived. The image should reflect the light that you see--not what you think people would like to see. Frankly, aside from the slight magenta tone to the last image, I think the color is probably quite close to what it was when you took the pictures given the surrounding furniture and decorative scheme of the rooms (i.e., warm, rich and Victorian). If you changed it, what would you change it to?
    Scotty
    edited June 18, 2007
    Perfect sence, once more! I've made up my mind. Natural is best! Thanks guys!