Options

Red Bull Illume @ Huntington Beach Pier -- June 7 to 17

BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
edited June 17, 2007 in Journeys
The second stop of the Red Bull Illume Exhibition hit the sands next to the pier in Huntington Beach, California for 11 days in June.

163087613-M.jpg

Red Bull Illume is a traveling exhibition that honors the men and women behind the lens who brave the planet's harshest terrain in order to capture athletic grit and triumph.

163086817-M.jpg

At dusk, 25 eight-foot glass and metal cubes illuminate the sands to reveal a collection of 50 of the most dramatic action and adventure sports imagery ever.

163081169-M.jpg

During the day the mirrored cubes offer reflective seaside views of the pier, beach and ocean.

163039845-M.jpg

More images of the exhibition are available in my gallery.

The next stop of the exhibition will be in August in downtown Portland, Oregon. If you are in the area it would be worthwhile checking it out. There are some really amazing images displayed.
Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    The second stop of the Red Bull Illume Exhibition hit the sands next to the pier in Huntington Beach, California for 11 days in June.
    Red Bull Illume is a traveling exhibition that honors the men and women behind the lens who brave the planet's harshest terrain in order to capture athletic grit and triumph.
    At dusk, 25 eight-foot glass and metal cubes illuminate the sands to reveal a collection of 50 of the most dramatic action and adventure sports imagery ever.
    During the day the mirrored cubes offer reflective seaside views of the pier, beach and ocean.
    More images of the exhibition are available in my gallery.
    The next stop of the exhibition will be in August in downtown Portland, Oregon. If you are in the area it would be worthwhile checking it out. There are some really amazing images displayed.

I was expecting to see the Red Bull Air Race shots,
    sorry the name is similar. :D

It would be quite an interesting display to see.
    Your shots look great, glad you got to see it for yourself :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    I was expecting to see the Red Bull Air Race shots,
    sorry the name is similar. :D
    Blame Red Bull for sponsoring two different events! rolleyes1.gifD
    Skippy wrote:
    It would be quite an interesting display to see.
    Your shots look great, glad you got to see it for yourself :D ... Skippy.
    Since it is an "international" exhibit, perhaps it will make it down your way eventually. I know they are planning some stops outside the U.S. but they haven't announced dates or locations yet.

You can check out the images in the exhibit online at redbullillume.com and even vote for your favorite. It is however very cool to see these images displayed illuminated on the huge cubes.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug