LPS7 Idea

Xia_KeXia_Ke Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
edited June 24, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
This is an idea I'm toying with for this round. This particular shot needs some fine tuning and I will probably even reshoot it. Am I on the right track at least? Not sure what to title it yet. Was thinking either "Hindsight" or maybe jokingly "Aftermath of 6"...LOL
Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

"Challenge yourself! You will have days of discouragement and days of success, but the only way to fail, is to quit!" - Emily (Greensquared)

Comments

• LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    The shot has a very anonymous feeling; your subject looks closed off and almost remote. Not a bad thing at all in general, but it doesn't communicate either Joy or Sorrow to me.
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    LiquidAir wrote:
    The shot has a very anonymous feeling; your subject looks closed off and almost remote. Not a bad thing at all in general, but it doesn't communicate either Joy or Sorrow to me.

15524779-Ti.gif

Awesome shot as far as I'm concerned but doesn't communicate sorrow
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Xia_KeXia_Ke Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    Wow, that was quick...Laughing.gif Thanks guys :) My sentiments are running along with yours. Was obviously going for sorrow with this but, seemed to come out more "mysterious" than anything. Wanted a second opinion though as I liked the shot overall. Hmmm.... time to rethink this one. Thanks again :)
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

"Challenge yourself! You will have days of discouragement and days of success, but the only way to fail, is to quit!" - Emily (Greensquared)
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2007
    15524779-Ti.gif

Awesome shot as far as I'm concerned but doesn't communicate sorrow

15524779-Ti.gif

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    I have to agree as well.

thumb.gifthumb.gif for the shot, which is really well done, but it says more loneliness or anger than sorrow to me.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate
    edited June 16, 2007
    Thanks tlee and Peter :) Oh well, time to head back to the drawing board headscratch.gif
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

• HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Absolutely stunning photograph that does display one adjective or another very well. Pehaps the adjective in your case is "loneliness," as was mentioned, but maybe something deeper such as "hopelessness." I keep trying to remind myself that these contests are more like writing traditional poetry, where you need to keep with rhyme and metre. It's the discipline of forcing yourself to stay within a preset format, no matter how creative your natural self may be....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Composition-wise it's great! thumb.gif But to see it as expressing sorrow I think we need to see the subject's face. Then we'd be able to feel his/her emotion.
    edited June 16, 2007
    richtersl wrote:
    ... I think we need to see the subject's face.

DOH! I burned my ugly mug out. Didn't want it ruining the shot...Laughing.gif All joking aside, I know what you mean about needing to see the face to help convey the given emotion. Unfortunately in this case, I came out looking really pissed off instead of sad so I burned it out.

This round is going to be a hard one. I really can't think of anything to clearly show joy. All of my thoughts for Sorrow just end up leading to the same effect as above the more I think about them. Hmmm, I don't know what I'm going to do for this one ne_nau.gif
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

edited June 16, 2007
    Since you mentioned lack of face Linda, here is an "unburned" version.
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    I actually like seeing a face. It makes you look less like the angel of death. :Drolleyes1.gif

But you need to look sad, as if you were crying. Or, now here's a weird thought: can you make look like you're laughing or something?? Like maybe you just won the lottery? Or the Publisher's Clearing House Sweepstakes?
    edited June 16, 2007
    Good lord, I didn't realize I was going to need to take acting classes for this round...Laughing.gif

I'll have to play around with the expressions a bit and see what I can come up with. Thanks again for your input Linda :)
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    I really like your composition, but find that it implies "destitute" but destitution can and is a very sad case of affairs...

I think I would like to see something that indicates the "why" like maybe some suitcases, a prop of sorts that helps the viewer to go beyond and create the story in their minds eye. (hope this makes sense).

Again, Very Nice Composition...Oh and I like seeing the face also!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited June 17, 2007
    Tentacion wrote:
    ...I think I would like to see something that indicates the "why" like maybe some suitcases, a prop of sorts that helps the viewer to go beyond and create the story in their minds eye. (hope this makes sense)...

Hmmm, now there's some good food for thought. Now I just have to make up my mind the exact story I want to tell that leads up to the emotion conveyed. Wow, this just keeps getting tougher. Good thing I like a challenge! clap.gif
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery

edited June 24, 2007
    Sigh... This was a tough one. I couldn't come up with any better than the one above :cry
    Aaron Lehoux

My Gallery