Smug Mug Snail

nphaskinsnphaskins Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
edited June 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Are the servers getting bogged down? I navigate effortelessly through the html pages that I built and are hosted on my own server, but once I get to a section thats being hosted on smugmug...put it this way...Im still waiting for the page to load.

Is anyone else experiencing really unusually slow behavior. Im on a 10mb line, so I know its not my end.

Nick

http://www.haskinsphotography.com

*Edit*

Smugmug hosted section is "Weddings"
Showit Designer
Spilled Milk Designs

Comments

• cbres00cbres00 Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    I would have to agree with you, Nick. It does seem very slow today.

nphaskins wrote:
    Are the servers getting bogged down? I navigate effortelessly through the html pages that I built and are hosted on my own server, but once I get to a section thats being hosted on smugmug...put it this way...Im still waiting for the page to load.

Is anyone else experiencing really unusually slow behavior. Im on a 10mb line, so I know its not my end.

Nick

http://www.haskinsphotography.com
  • nphaskinsnphaskins Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    cbres00 wrote:
    I would have to agree with you, Nick. It does seem very slow today.
    Thank you. Nice to know its not just me.....wow....and Im on the opposite side of the US!
    Showit Designer
    Spilled Milk Designs
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Hi, I'm sorry you are experiencing slowness. We've alerted our engineers and they will investigate.
  • nphaskinsnphaskins Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, I'm sorry you are experiencing slowness. We've alerted our engineers and they will investigate.
    hey thanks Andy, I appreciate it.

*Edit*
    Dude...seriously....your avatar kind of freaked me out a bit....I was like.....did he just wink at me? Lmao....Im going to have to steal that idea!
    Showit Designer
    Spilled Milk Designs
  • LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited June 16, 2007
    nphaskins wrote:
    hey thanks Andy, I appreciate it.

*Edit*
    Dude...seriously....your avatar kind of freaked me out a bit....I was like.....did he just wink at me? Lmao....Im going to have to steal that idea!

My experience, and I'm home sick so I been on it most of the day piddling?

Total site navigation and uploads have been HORRIBLE today, ALL DAY, it sits and grinds and grinds and grinds and grinds...
    edited June 16, 2007
    Lex wrote:

Total site navigation and uploads have been HORRIBLE today, ALL DAY, it sits and grinds and grinds and grinds and grinds...

The rest of my navigation has been effortless around the net, so it's not net speed, or my ISP.
    edited June 16, 2007
    Lex wrote:

Lex, can I have your site please, so I can run a diagnostic that will go to our Ops team?
  • LaReeLaRee Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 16, 2007
    Strange site behavior
    Andy wrote:
    Lex, can I have your site please, so I can run a diagnostic that will go to our Ops team?

I have been experiencing unusual behavior on my smugmug pages. So much so that I joined here so I could post.

It is slow, but intermitedly slow. One minute things will seem fine, the next it is sloooow. This is with BOTH uploading and browsing, but mostly browsing.
    I also had a funky thing happen when I did a bulk caption edit. I saved my captions as always, then they were gone, then they were back. Strange stuff indeed!

Here is my site addy: http://laree.smugmug.com/

Thank you!
    ~LaRee~
    edited June 17, 2007
    Sorry Andy, I checked out for the evening after posting, not feeling good. I haven't really been on much since yesterday, it's fotogafer.com

but I will let you know next time, if it does this again... thanks!
    LaRee wrote:
    I have been experiencing unusual behavior on my smugmug pages. So much so that I joined here so I could post.

It is slow, but intermitedly slow. One minute things will seem fine, the next it is sloooow. This is with BOTH uploading and browsing, but mostly browsing.
    I also had a funky thing happen when I did a bulk caption edit. I saved my captions as always, then they were gone, then they were back. Strange stuff indeed!

Here is my site addy: http://laree.smugmug.com/

Thank you!
    ~LaRee~
  • Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Ok, it has been like 5 minutes and my site is still loading. What's up? I am sure if I customer stops by, they'll leave because of the slowness experienced today.
    edited June 20, 2007
    Karenl39 wrote:
    Ok, it has been like 5 minutes and my site is still loading. What's up? I am sure if I customer stops by, they'll leave because of the slowness experienced today.
    Hi Karen, can we have your site so we can check things please?
  • OlgaJOlgaJ Registered Users Posts: 146 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Andy,

I've been having difficulty getting to Smugmug sites today myself, my own and others. I waited for quite a few minutes just to move from gallery to gallery and picture to picture at some point this morning. At times it's very slow and other times it just moves along just fine. Cannot put my finger on it. I'm on Verizon FIOS network.

Last week I was out of town working over dial up and gave up on uploading pics to my Smugmug site. I had to use one of my other sites. Over the last few months friends of mine in Greece have had problems accessing my site so I use a different one for them too.

Wish I could pinpoint the problem more accurately but it's not easy.

My site: http://yiayia.smugmug.com

Olga
    edited June 20, 2007
    OlgaJ wrote:
    Andy,

I've been having difficulty getting to Smugmug sites today myself, my own and others. I waited for quite a few minutes just to move from gallery to gallery and picture to picture at some point this morning. At times it's very slow and other times it just moves along just fine. Cannot put my finger on it. I'm on Verizon FIOS network.

Last week I was out of town working over dial up and gave up on uploading pics to my Smugmug site. I had to use one of my other sites. Over the last few months friends of mine in Greece have had problems accessing my site so I use a different one for them too.

Wish I could pinpoint the problem more accurately but it's not easy.

My site: http://yiayia.smugmug.com

Olga
    Hi Olga,

I started a traceroute that our engineers will see. Seems there are problems with Verizon in your area :( Hopefully they'll get their act together fast :(
  • Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Olga,

I started a traceroute that our engineers will see. Seems there are problems with Verizon in your area :( Hopefully they'll get their act together fast :(

Sorry I never posted my website. It is: karenlynch.smugmug.com

It isn't slow today.
  • leesaleesa Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 22, 2007
    I don't normally keep up with posts here on dgrin so pardon me if I'm repeating something obvious.

but lately my smugmug site has been MUCH slower than it was 6 months or a year ago.

I click a gallery and it waits and waits to load, slowly navigates pages, etc. I save a setting and I get the popup saying it is saving and then I have to wait a few more seconds before it finishes. I hate to say the "good ol' days" but it does seem like smugmug is not the fast, efficient place it was when I first joined.

I know a lot of people use this for business and probably need the new features but for me it's just a clean way to share my family photos. but I hate paying for something that seems to be moving slower than the free sites with all the advertising! :(

thanks for letting me vent even though it's probably something I need to learn to live with!
    edited June 22, 2007
    leesa wrote:
    thanks for letting me vent even though it's probably something I need to learn to live with!
    I sure hope not.
    Give us your site so we can run a diagnostic tool, okay?
    edited June 22, 2007
    edited June 27, 2007
    Andy, were you able to see anything with the diagnostics for my site??

it's happening again this morning. I'm trying to browse thru one of my galleries and it keeps timing. I end up reloading my gallery and gettng better response but it's happened a couple of times now in the same gallery.