V8 Supercars - Eastern Creek (Sydney AUS) [10 IMG]

crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
edited June 21, 2007 in Sports
Greetings all,

It feels like another weekend, another installment of motorsport photography for me. 3 weekends and 3 different forms of motorsport - drags, rally & now V8 Supercars (up until last weekend anyway).

It was a wet, wet, cold, windy and wet weekend at my local racing circuit - Eastern Creek. I live 15mins from this circuit and being a member of the circuit allows me to 'pop' into these meetings with great ease.

The first day was very wet with racing not starting 'til just after 12noon and then on and off for the afternoon, a brilliant opportunity to have a bunch of my photos signed by the drivers. The second day was much better but still very wet around the circuit but not much rain. The third day of racing provided the best weather, bar a rain shower late in the afternoon. It all makes for an exciting weekend's racing and photography.

For those who may be interested, Mark Skaife won two of the three races in the weekend and as such took out the round. His 38th round victory breaking the late, great Peter Brock's record. Todd Kelly finished 2nd in the round making it a Holden Racing Team one-two and Rick Kelly (younger brother of Todd) finished third for the round after the Ford of Jamie Whincup was found to be using non-approved brake pads.

Enough of the words... photography tells a better story. C&C is greatly appreciated.

#1 - Mark Skaife - HRT - Holden Commodore VE
163643537-M.jpg

#2 - Todd Kelly - HRT - Holden Commodore VE - High ISO due to weather but I think it gives it a certain 'character'
163634887-M.jpg

#3 - Steve Owen - Autobarn Racing - Holden Commodore VY
163634895-M.jpg

#4 - No Driver (practising pit-stops by pushing the car) - Tasman Motorsport - Holden Commodore VE
163634904-M.jpg

#5 - Jason Bargwanna - WPS Racing - Ford Falcon BF
163634910-M.jpg

#6 - Todd Kelly - HRT - Holden Commordore VE
163634917-M.jpg

#7 - Cameron McConville - Holden Commodore VY
163634927-M.jpg

#8 - Andrew Jones - Team BOC - Ford Falcon BF
163634932-M.jpg

#9 - Paul Morris - Team Sirromet Wines - Holden Commodore VE
163634956-M.jpg

#10 - Eastern Creek Pits - Bathing in the afternoon glow...
163634936-M.jpg

And that's it... the full gallery should hopefully be up later tonight (Aus time).

PS. to American Car enthusiasts, the Holden Commodore VE is your new Pontiac G8

/craig.
craig coomans | crgphotography | automotive | landscape | motorsport | weddings
[
crgphotography.smugmug.com ]

Comments

• RevLinePhotoRevLinePhoto Registered Users Posts: 354 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Great photos. I like them all. Some day I hope to be able to get out to the tracks and do some shooting. What lens range do you usualy use?

Ryan
    BMW Tech
    Live life to its fullest you never know whats in your future.
    WWW.REVLINEPHOTO.COM
  • crgphotographercrgphotographer Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Papy wrote:
    Great photos. I like them all. Some day I hope to be able to get out to the tracks and do some shooting. What lens range do you usualy use?

Ryan

Thanks for the comments Ryan. much appreciated. My main lens for these shots is a simple 90-300 USM lens. Most shots are taken at the full 300 focal length (plus the crop of my 10D)...

/craig.
    craig coomans | crgphotography | automotive | landscape | motorsport | weddings
    [
    crgphotography.smugmug.com ]
  • JoeLJoeL Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Those are some really great shots, you have the panning skills down to an art..