Options

LPS#7 What do you think?

adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited June 20, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
163977759-L.jpg
If you don't mind, could you critique please?

Comments

• Options
    pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    It's good and it fits the theme, but it feels a little snapshotty to me.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • Options
    LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    I like the idea and the composition a lot. The disembodied hands and feet are a tad odd, but I think workable. The biggest thing that is holding this shot back for me is the motion blur. It would be much better with a faster shutter.
  • Options
    ob81ob81 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Its a very good shot, but if I had to say anything, its that emotion isn't drawn from me. Its obvious that he is having a great time though.

I cringe when the only critique people give is that it is "snapshooty".
    Yuk. Every photograph you take will not have the complete package of what the photographer wants: "Ok be happy again honey and do the slide the same way." Unless of course you are shooting a professional ad or something. You saw the oppourtunity for a good shot and you took it.
    ob81.com
    Canon XTi

I don't want to take regular photos!
  • Options
    k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    ob81 wrote:
    Its a very good shot, but if I had to say anything, its that emotion isn't drawn from me. Its obvious that he is having a great time though.

I cringe when the only critique people give is that it is "snapshooty".
    Yuk. Every photograph you take will not have the complete package of what the photographer wants: "Ok be happy again honey and do the slide the same way." Unless of course you are shooting a professional ad or something. You saw the oppourtunity for a good shot and you took it.

snapshooty makes me cringe too, but only because I think snapshots are what makes up great photoalbums, in fact, I have a snapshotty album full of "bad pictures" I love it, makes me laugh... most of the pictures I print are snapshots..... for a contest though, I do understand why the term is used... :)