Angels v. Dodgers - Loney meets the wall

SoCalWineSoCalWine Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited June 18, 2007 in Sports
I took my camera to the game today. Sat in front row in right field
(sec 50, row AA) and caught Dodgers' James Loney crashing into the
outfield wall during an inside-the-park home run by Angels' Gary
Matthews Jr. in the eighth inning.

The team said Loney bruised his right knee.

The gallery can be view here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/scott.b.berry/LoneyMeetsTheWall?authkey=NBbt5PeDHIc

Comments

• jenniferjennifer Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited June 17, 2007
    Wow, those are great shots! I especially like the one with Nomar. Leave it to him to be smack in the middle of a cheer-up fest.

I lamented not going to the game (in favor of the Rodeo Drive Concourse d'Elegance) until I saw it later on Tivo. The part that irritated me the most about that play was the fact that Matthews got an inside the park HR out of it!!! There should be a ground rule injury regulation. Glad Loney is okay though. I look forward to seeing more of him (preferably in the infield).

By the way, what lens were you using? I'll be in the right field bleachers in a few weeks and I'm already worried about focal length. That is if I can find time to shoot the game between hot dogs. mwink.gif
    40D, 10-22, 70-200 f/2.8L IS, 75-300 IS, 1.4x TC
  • SoCalWineSoCalWine Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited June 18, 2007
    jennifer wrote:

By the way, what lens were you using? I'll be in the right field bleachers in a few weeks and I'm already worried about focal length. That is if I can find time to shoot the game between hot dogs. mwink.gif

It was the 75-300 IS. Probably the last time I will use the lens as I have it for sale now on ebay. I just wasn't using it that much... Oh well.
  • BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2007
    SoCalWine wrote:
    The team said Loney bruised his right knee.

Nice shots. I caught the game on TV. I first thought he broke his nose, but then all of the replays showed his glove provided some protection for his face and narrowed in on his knees hitting the concrete at the bottom of the wall.

Good to hear it is only a bruise.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug