Keywords with Password Protected Account

chnchn Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
edited June 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
In the past the keywords (tags) did not work for me since I protected my account globally with a password. I just noticed now that the keywords for newly uploaded pictures work. Not only for me (the owner) but also for guest hat have access via the password. Is this feature, keywords with password protected accounts, now officially supported? It would be cool if that's true.

Question tough. Only my newly uploaded pictures work, even though all pictures have keywords. Is there a way to make it work with my old pictures as well?

The same applies to search. If I remember right the search didn't work in the past for password protected accounts. Now it does for my newly added pictures, but not the old ones.

Comments

• ScalaScala Registered Users Posts: 95 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    chn wrote:
    In the past the keywords (tags) did not work for me since I protected my account globally with a password. I just noticed now that the keywords for newly uploaded pictures work. Not only for me (the owner) but also for guest hat have access via the password. Is this feature, keywords with password protected accounts, now officially supported? It would be cool if that's true.

Question tough. Only my newly uploaded pictures work, even though all pictures have keywords. Is there a way to make it work with my old pictures as well?

The same applies to search. If I remember right the search didn't work in the past for password protected accounts. Now it does for my newly added pictures, but not the old ones.

Since the regulars seem surprisingly slow answering this (I'm of course joking here), let me just quickly point you to the help page of the new feature at http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-search-island and mention the fact that apparently toggling the setting in the control panel will trigger smugmug to index your older photos for this feature as well.

Cheers :)
    My smugmug site: www.majakorpi.net
  • chnchn Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    Scala wrote:
    Since the regulars seem surprisingly slow answering this (I'm of course joking here), let me just quickly point you to the help page of the new feature at http://www.smugmug.com/help/private-search-island and mention the fact that apparently toggling the setting in the control panel will trigger smugmug to index your older photos for this feature as well.

Cheers :)
    You are right. I played with the "Island" settings and more keywords are appearing slowly. I if the indexing causes my control panel page not to load, as I have problems with it right now.

Anyhow, having the keywords in a password protected site is wings.gif GREAT! My thanks goes to the code warriors.