Search box anomoly (I, believe)...

papajaypapajay Registered Users Posts: 441 Major grins
edited June 19, 2007 in SmugMug Support
[my apologies if this turns out to be a duplicate...I tried to submit it earlier and it didn't "take" from what I could see]

The conditions:

IE7;
site-wide SmugIsland settings:
Hello World = NO; Hello Smuggers = No...Make me an Island [set 4 days ago]
NOT logged-in (as if I were just a visitor who knows the URL address)

Situation #1: Enter a known, valid keyword (used on numerous photos, but not in captions or gallery descriptions) that has been in existence for months in the search box.

Results of the search:
1. The "keywords matching" section indicates having found the keyword (it shows up, and is underlined as a link).
2. The "galleries matching" section indicates 0 results (as expected).
3. The "photos matching" section also indicates 0 results (which is incorrect).

If I immediately click on the link in the "keywords matching" section above, however, the thumbnails for the photos are found and displayed.

Situation #2: Enter a known, valid keyword...but this time it's a keyword that was added to photos for a new (within the last 24 hours) gallery...in the search box.

Results of the search:
1. The "keywords matching" section indicates "no keywords were found" matching [keyword].
2. As above, the "galleries matching" section indicates 0 results (as expected)
3. As above, the "photos matching" section indicates 0 photos found (also an incorrect result.

If I immediately LOG-IN (while the search results page is still showing), the resulting page comes up with the keyword "found" and the thumbnail results displayed (as expected).

I assume situation #2 is the result of Smugmug's internal search/crawl/indexing lag time for newly added galleries and/or keywords.

But Situation #1 seems not to be working as expected. Visitors to the site SHOULD be able to see photo thumbnails when entering a valid keyword (or multiple keyword combinations) in the search box with the SmugIsland settings as I've outlined....correct???

Comments