LPS-7 Does this work ?

WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
edited June 19, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I know how I felt when I took the photo (he looked so happy !! And I felt so sad that that might be all his belongings in his bag) But not sure if others will get that feeling .
164615154-L.jpg
and here is the original ...
164363158-L.jpg
Which 1 or what do you think ???

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    I really like this shot, and it looks great with the action used in #1. I had to study the shot before even registering joy or sorrow. It appears he has a new shirt on and that may contribute to his joy. I think it is a good reminder of perspective and how something so simple can bring great joy to some people. I like both renditions, I think the 2nd could use some pop, but I'm at work on my lousy work pc, so can't tell for sure. I definitely would enter this!
  • sunitasunita Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    I agree with Susan. Second pic. with some pop.

Great capture!

Sunita
  • WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    Here is 1 more version , trying to get a glow effect from his face ..
    164626706-L.jpg
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2007
    Hi Walt. I agree that #2 would work best for the challenge. The effect in #3 draws by eye away from the subject rather than focusing me on his face. If you want to reduce the impact of the background you could try cropping the picture to the vertical (you might want to do that anyway) and maybe using a vignetting effect or otherwise blurring the background. I personally like #1 version a lot, especially the way the treatment plays on a difficult background, but I have doubts that this processed version would fare well in the challenge.

Nice capture, by the way.

Virginia

Email