Bathtime Joy

peanutpeanut Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited June 21, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
164999320-M.jpg
This is my first attempt at capturing joy. Any advice would be appreciated. I am a humble rookie, and this is my first post.

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited June 20, 2007
    Hi peanut!!

Welcome to dGrin and congratulations on such a lovely first post.

Very nice looking boys!! Good idea for the challenge. The black and white conversion looks good to me, but I will let the technical gurus comment on that. The big problem I have with this photo for LPS#7 is that, for me, it doesn't capture joy. The boys look more as though they are smiling for the camera than because they are having a great time in the bath. If these are your children, I think you should consider re-shooting just to see if you can capture a bit more of a joyful mood.

Whatever you decide, good luck with the challenge!

Virginia

Email
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    Welcome, Peanut!

Your boys are very sweet and I see where you were going with the whole joyful-bath thing--to me, though, it's not a LPS shot. It's a nice snapshot but it lacks that certain oomph! to make it a contender. LPS images tend to tell a story, evoke an emotion, or make the viewer contemplate the technical merits, etc.

I'm not too good with the critical feedback, that's just my off-the-cuff opinion.

Jesse