Options

The vortex

monkeydeusmonkeydeus Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
edited June 22, 2007 in Other Cool Shots
Moderator: If there is a better forum for this, please move it.

This is an idea that has been percolating for a couple of weeks. Its an abstract of an installation piece by Patrick Dougherty. His own work is found at www.stickwork.net. My own work is found here :D . I'd really appreciate any c & c on this one. It's quite a departure for me on several levels. Thanks.

165140610-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    monkeydeus wrote:
    Moderator: If there is a better forum for this, please move it.

This is an idea that has been percolating for a couple of weeks. Its an abstract of an installation piece by Patrick Dougherty. His own work is found at www.stickwork.net. My own work is found here :D . I'd really appreciate any c & c on this one. It's quite a departure for me on several levels. Thanks.

I've looked at this image for some time, with mixed feelings about it.
    In some ways it looks inviting as in a "come and explore me type of thing"
    In other ways it looks like a tangled mess ne_nau.gif

It's one of those images that your either going to like it a lot, or not at all.
    The Black and White conversion on the shot is very well done thumb.gif
    ...... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited June 21, 2007
    Thanks Skippy for the feedback. That you spent some time looking at it and not just a glance is a great compliment. I had the same thought before posting it that folks will love it or hate it. You could probably guess that I was hoping for more of a "come and explore me" response. I was trying to emphasize through toning the layers of the piece. In it's entirety, this was an installation of pods about 10 feet tall and 10 feet in diameter that you could walk through. The shot was through a window of one pod, into the interior of another.
    Skippy wrote:
    I've looked at this image for some time, with mixed feelings about it.
    In some ways it looks inviting as in a "come and explore me type of thing"
    In other ways it looks like a tangled mess ne_nau.gif

It's one of those images that your either going to like it a lot, or not at all.
    The Black and White conversion on the shot is very well done thumb.gif
    ...... Skippy :D
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2007
    To me this is Wonderful i really loved it mwink.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    edited June 22, 2007
    To me this is Wonderful i really loved it mwink.gif

Thanks Awais for looking. I have a couple more, but this was the first step. I can't decide what I want to do with them. Some I think would look strong in color, but the black and white is a really nice abstract treatment for them too.